Monday, March 7, 2022

Budgeting My Way To Retirement - Week 9

 


It felt really good to spend some time in my kitchen getting all of that meat I purchased processed and put up for long term storage.  I'll be talking more specifics about that in my next post.  I also went into our chest freezer in the garage and removed some chubs of ground beef and turkey with ideas in mind for those items as well.  I will definitely let you know what I ended up doing with the ground meat.

 


Tuesday I was able to score two more flats of pint jars at the grocery store.  That made me extremely happy and feel a lot better about being able to accomplish a very important goal I've set for myself this year.  With all of the shortages on canning supplies I was wondering if this goal would even be possible.  But I was willing to give it a try and do whatever I could to make it happen before I threw in the towel.

 


The girl and I had a very busy work/school week.  I even put in a little bit of overtime which is more the normal than the exception anymore.  My daughter had an orchestra concert on Thursday and it was really nice.  It was payday on Friday and I got all of the monthly bills paid and topped up the gas tank on my car with some money left over.  I was really happy when the weekend arrived.  I also got a bunch of good coupons in the mail for Fred Meyer and DSW that I plan to use in the near future.

 


Saturday my oldest came home for a visit and we did a little bit of shopping.  My twenty year old coat was in need of replacement.  The zipper had gone out of it a few weeks ago and although I could replace the zipper I felt that after twenty years I should probably just plan on investing in a new one so I was on the hunt for a good deal on a winter coat.  Thankfully I found one on clearance at JC Penney for a really great price, only $44.99.  Lucky me!

 


I hope everyone is doing well.  How was your week?  Did you do anything super thrifty?

 

2 comments:

  1. Canning meats sounds like a great idea! I'm not that brave yet, but I'm thinking of trying it someday. Start small and see how it goes. Your coat was a great deal! I bought a new winter coat for my son a few weeks ago from JCP with a similar sale price. I'm glad they're still around!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.