Monday, October 24, 2022

My Tireless Retirement - Week 29

 


Good Monday morning everyone!  Our Indian summer has officially ended and it is definitely fall weather now.  We finally got some much needed and appreciated rain over this past weekend after a very dry summer and beginning to fall.  Our first frost has hit as well but I'd already put the yard and garden to bed for winter so everything outside was fine.  For the first time in my adult life I will not have to scrape my windshield in the early morning hours and head off to work in the dark.  Whoo hooo!

 

Organized chaos as I worked on next year's dayplanner

This past week I decided to do a staycation and just relax and do whatever I felt like.  I stayed home and didn't go anywhere nor did I spend any money.  I just did a lot of crafting, writing, worked on updating my dayplanner for 2023, watched some TV and a couple movies, tinkered with stuff and even took a nap one day.  Whaaat?!

 

I made a garden journal starter kit, I just love how this turned out

Most of the latter half of the week however was spent caring for a sick kitty.  My boy Jack has an autoimmune issue and he will sometimes come down with a "kitty cold" that will lay him out flat.  He gets very tired and lethargic, has no appetite, his eyes are teary and his nose runs.  He feels terrible.  Often it will develop into an upper respiratory infection so I have to watch him pretty close.  He doesn't respond well to typical pharmaceuticals for his issues, but he does do really well with homeopathic medicines.  I have those on hand so I got him started and in the meantime I spent a lot of time just holding him in my lap and worrying a lot.  By Friday evening he was starting to improve and he even ate a bit.  Saturday morning he woke me up wanting to wrestle.  That is when I know he is on his way to a full recovery.  Even though we've been down this road a few times I still worry about him like crazy.  He's my buddy.

 

The journal with some journaling cards and a notepad

Saturday morning I woke to rain and it was pretty chilly outside and not overly warm inside so I turned on the electric fireplace in the living room for the first time this season.  It was all I needed to take the chill off.  I love my little fireplace, especially the ambiance it provides.

 

He is so darn cute!

After quite a few sleepless nights on kitty watch I feel like I need a do over on my staycation.  The nice thing is I can do that!  Whenever I want!  I'm still not quite used to that fact.  But, I'm sure I'll get better at it.  I'll keep practicing.  Ha, ha, ha.

 

I made a bunch of ephemera bases

These seemed to take forever to make 😁

I hope you are doing well and feeling blessed.  Take care and have a great week ahead!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, and you don't have to go out in the rain or snow either, if you don't want to go! The joys of retirement!! I'm glad kitty is feeling better. We have a stray that we have befriended who has runny eyes and drools sometimes. I'd be curious to know what you give your kitty to make him better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, poor kitty. I wonder if he has a bad tooth. :(
      Our bunny got a UTI and this stuff kicked it. I couldn't be happier with this stuff.
      https://www.amazon.com/GoldenPaw-Herbal-Pet-Supplement-Cat/dp/B08Q7J72Z4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1WNIZY1DV41FY&keywords=natural+antibiotics+for+cats&qid=1666614455&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjc3IiwicXNhIjoiMi44NSIsInFzcCI6IjIuNDUifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=natural+antib%2Caps%2C283&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

      Delete
  2. I forgot to say the journal is adorable! You definitely have a creative gene!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.