Wednesday, November 30, 2022

This Month's Grocery Spending - November 2022


Once again my grocery spending was rather minimal.  I didn't need much for my daily meals and I even did a bit of a food challenge this month to make sure nothing went to waste prior to making a holiday feast.  I already had most of the items I needed on hand for the Thanksgiving Day meal too so there were no big shopping hauls this time around.

 

My first shopping trip at Fred Meyer including markdown peppers
& FREE Kraft salad dressing

One thing I was hoping for was to get potatoes on sale and luckily Albertson's did have a good buy on those.  For some reason, even though I live in Idaho, potatoes have been really high in price lately.  I picked up two 5# bags of spuds for 98¢ each.  I also was able to get two 1# packages of butter with a digital coupon making them only $2 each and two bottles of Kraft salad dressing for FREE with digital coupons.  I put the butter in the chest freezer and added the salad dressing to my long term food storage.

 

My second shopping trip this month also from Fred Meyer
Free salad dressing and two extra bottles of cream for my coffee

Most of my purchases this month consisted of fresh produce, sour cream, cream for my coffee, whipped topping for pie and mugs of hot cocoa as well as a couple cans of pumpkin for pie and other baked goods.  I was hoping for a really good sale on canned pumpkin so I could stock up, but no such luck.

 


Once again I had no non food purchases to make so no money spent on any of that kind of stuff.  My total grocery spending for the month of November came in at a whopping $44.69.  I have a new list started already for what I want to get in December and unless there are some really good sales or loss leaders I doubt I'll be doing much shopping next month either.  Thankfully, I am very well stocked for the next two holidays.

 

My last shopping trip which I wasn't even planning, but all of this was on sale

How did you do this month?  What were your best buys?

  

4 comments:

  1. You did great! I'm always amazed at the deals you get.

    In the small town where I live, there is one small but very nice grocery store. FYI: milk is over $5 a gallon and eggs are around $6 for a dozen, BUT, we are thankful for this store. It keeps a 60-mile one-way trip to maybe once a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the price of gas right now that milk and egg price is worth it.

      Delete
  2. I miss Kroger. They left NC a few years ago and they really had great prices.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.