Saturday, March 18, 2023

Investment Cooking - Refried Beans

 


If you enjoy refried beans I heartily recommend making your own as opposed to purchasing the canned varieties at the grocery store.  For one thing, I've noticed the prices on canned refried beans have skyrocketed, which is crazy to me.  They're beans for pete's sake.  I like to use a combination of half black beans and half pinto beans, I make them in my slow cooker, either overnight or allowing them to cook all day until they are super soft. What your are left with is soft beans and a nice bean broth that is perfect for making refried beans.

 


Several years ago I wrote a post on the technique I use to make my version of refried beans.  I will link that here.  I love that I can make up a batch, portion it out into freezer containers and they freeze really well.  I always have them at the ready for taco night and making burritos.  The best part is I can make them for mere pennies plus I know what is in them because I put it there.  Try it once and see what you think.  I bet you won't go back to buying canned refried beans at the grocery store.

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.