Monday, June 5, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 61

 


Hello my friends!  How is everybody doing?

 

Fun fabrics!

I took the majority of the week off to play with my sewing stuff and I had a ball.  I made some fabric journal covers and I think they turned out rather nice.  My hope is to make an inventory of them to sell at some point, but first I needed to see if I could make some worth selling.  I believe that I have.

 

I also included panties, shoes, socks & some accessories

Speaking of selling things, the doll clothes I made last summer and put on eBay were finally purchased and I was thrilled.  Weirdly, I was actually toying with the idea of removing that listing, but it had a few watchers so I left it up.  Good thing I did.  I would love to make some more doll clothes and get them listed to sell.  Now that I’ve completed the bulk of my larger summer projects for this year I will have time to work on sewing some more and even get some vintage dolls rehabbed.  I am very much looking forward to that.

 


I took on a little purge, declutter and micro-organizing project this past week.  I’ll be talking more about that in Friday’s post.  It was a bugger and I am soooooo happy to have that job completed.  Mostly, I’m really happy not to have that looming over my head and more.  It is done!

 

More journal covers waiting for me to stitch together

I found a few more items around the house to get rid of so I’ve started a new bag for donations.  I have it out in the garage and every time I find something to purge I’ll trot it out to that bag and once it is full I’ll take it to the thrift store.

 


It was a quiet and fairly uneventful week.  Very pleasant as I tinkered around the house and out in the yard.  We had a few storms come in mid week, but for the most part the weather was lovely.  How was your week?  What fun things are you up to?

 

6 comments:

  1. Journal covers great idea. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would like to know your opinion of the sewing machine you have and where you purchased it? Thank you…reading your blog for a bit…Essan😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it a while, about 13 years. I love it and I purchased it at JoAnn Fabrics. Thanks for following along with me!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.