Sunday, August 20, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 72

 


Happy Monday my friends!  With a quick look at the forecast I determined that last Sunday was going to be our coolest day and then we were in for a three day mini heatwave with temperatures heading toward the triple digits again.  After the cooler days we’d been having I wasn’t overly excited about getting so hot again but, as with everything, it was only temporary.  At least it cooled down quite a bit at nighttime.

 


After looking at the weather forecast I decided to get my errands run Sunday morning before the churches let out and the stores got busy.  I made a quick trip into Wal-Mart to pick up a few items before stopping in at JoAnn’s to pick up some yarn that was on sale and then over to Fred Meyer for some cream for my coffee and a few markdown items while I was at it.  Wal-Mart was completely out of cream of all kinds and brands (they only had half & half and not much of that) hence the need to go to Fred Meyer.

 


It was time for a midsummer yard clean up so I grabbed my leaf blower Monday morning and was able to get all the leaves and debris that fell during our last hot spell cleaned up.  We’ve had a few windstorms too.  I also blew out the garage real quick while I was at it.  Again, I worked early in the morning while the temperatures were cooler but, by the time I was done and it took me less than an hour, I was plenty hot and sweaty.

 


The rest of my week was spent working on the BIG HUGE project and a couple smaller ones I have going on around here.  I made great progress.  In between projects I settled in with my yarn and crochet hook from time to time.  I do find crocheting helps me relax and sit still for a while.

 

I am still very much in love with my outdoor spaces

I hope you all had a fabulous week.  Take care!

 

4 comments:

  1. Your outdoor space looks nice and neat! Very inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot🔥 here too.
    Your outdoor places look great.
    Can't wait for the "Big Hugh Project"!!!
    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.