Friday, October 27, 2023

This Month's Grocery Spending 2023 – October

 


As my pantry challenge has continued this year I found I really wasn’t in need of too much from the grocery store this month.  Cream for my mid morning coffee break is a must so that is always on the list, but other than that I just didn’t need anything.  I had an abundance of fresh produce in the refrigerator that I wanted to work my way through before I purchased anything new so I focused on doing just that.

 

Total spent on this haul = $1.29

My garden provided me with zucchinis, banana peppers and loads of tomatoes, more than I could eat so a lot of that ended up in the freezer.  I did stock up the deep freezer with frozen veggies and an extra package of vacuum sealed frozen salmon fillets because I had digital coupon offers for those items as well as a digital coupon for a FREE bottle of salad dressing.

 

I now have enough supplies to keep me in laundry detergent for at least two years

I actually bought some nonfood items this month as I needed to my supplies to make homemade laundry detergent after making a new batch.  I also wanted to add a large refill bottle of concentrated dishwashing liquid as I was nearing the bottom of my last one after I refilled my dish soap dispenser I keep next to the kitchen sink.

 

I stocked up on frozen vegetables & an extra package of salmon fillets

This month my grand total for food came in at a whopping $33.18 while my nonfood total ended up being $15.57.  I’d say that wasn’t too shabby at all.

 

I am pretty happy with these totals

Next month I will be restocking my produce drawer in my refrigerator and picking up a few, very few, items for the upcoming holidays.  Thankfully, I won’t need too much so I’m looking forward to staying within budget and getting the things I need.  Were you able to stock up on anything this month?

 

8 comments:

  1. Anticipating frost, I gleaned the garden Tuesday. 20# of green tomatoes to a friend, 10# of partially turned tomatoes on my kitchen counter, 15# of ready tomatoes into a pot of ratatouille, 3# bell peppers of various colors were smoked-part frozen and part into that ratatouille, 10# of eggplant-half roasted and into that ratatouille and the other half on the counter waiting for inspiration, 2# of squash-chopped/roasted and into that pot of ratatouille. I love the garden and I'm relieved when the harvest ends even though I will drool for a fresh tomato 2 weeks from now!

    This past week I bought 1 container sr cream, breakfast sausage, 1 container greek yogurt and a donut treat. Also discovered 3 packages of pork sirloin steaks on markdown so I have 6 meals of those in the freezer!! There are no needed items next week so a good end to October.

    Happy Friday ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up 20 pounds of Non GMO Basmati rice for 20 bucks which is a really good price. I also had a coupon for 10% off my purchase so I stocked up on cat food for 4-5 months. We're pretty well stocked up on everything we'll need this winter or longer and that is such a good feeling. If you need any food grade buckets I suggest checking bakeries/restaurants because the price has gone up like crazy. Amazon has them going for about 50 bucks for 3. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may be looking at the month of January without any income so I am preparing with that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I managed to follow your blog on my other blog's reading list, but I *think* I have it all fixed now and I have posts of yours to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.