Monday, November 27, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 86

 


After two busy weeks in a row I was ready for a vacation!  At least a staycation anyway.  I only worked last Monday and then had the remainder of the week off over the Thanksgiving holiday.  Beginning today I’m back to work though and I’m ready too.

 

Time spent in the kitchen baking always makes my heart happy


Beautiful!

I had plenty of pie crust scraps leftover so I made a little quiche

I had no concrete plans, just a few ideas of what I was doing for Thanksgiving which, as it turned out was a good thing.  My BFF had a change to his plans and ended up here on Tuesday which was a happy surprise.  We went to the movie theatre on Tuesday and out to dinner on Wednesday after I baked pies and we cleaned up a mountain of leaves in the yard.  I kept Thanksgiving dinner really simple and it was delicious.

 

While peeling potatoes I looked out the kitchen
window to find this happy little sight

Simple yet delicious with just the right amount of leftovers

We did more leaf clean up on Friday (no Black Friday shopping) and I think I’m now done for the season.  Plus we watched movies, played cards, ate too much and just did whatever the heck we felt like doing.  I felt super blessed and loved with all the “Happy Thanksgiving” messages I received via text message, facebook and on this blog.  It ended up being a really great week.  I sure hope it was a great week for you guys too.

 

All done and cooling
The house smelled absolutely amazing!

I pulled out my vintage cookbooks & used
Betty Crocker's pumpkin pie recipe this year

Now that Thanksgiving is in the books I’ll be putting away the fall décor and bringing out Christmas which I’ve actually been looking forward to this past couple of weeks.  Getting my Christmas cards ready to mail out is also on the agenda.  Then I have to start thinking about my next big grocery shopping trip so I’m well stocked for both Christmas and New Year’s entertaining.  I’m super excited for all the fun and festivities in December.  How about you?

 

Anyone else have a favorite Thanksgiving show they like to watch?


Did anyone go Black Friday shopping?  Were there any great deals to be had this year?

 

8 comments:

  1. Best ever Black Friday deal: NO shopping :-)

    Happy post-Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so cheered by your posts. They give me some hope that I can steer things in the direction I want to go with how I celebrate holidays, what I cook... how I manage them in every way. Its very inspiring to see how you are in control of what you can actually control. Much for me to think on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, you are the sweetest. So glad you enjoy tagging along with me. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun, happy Thanksgiving.
    Ours was low key also.
    Got my Christmas tree up. Now just enjoying the pretty lights.
    No black Friday shopping for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Thanksgiving sounds perfect. I've got my tree up now too. Love it!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it was a great holiday for you! No shopping here either! I've gotten way too comfortable just ordering what I need, rather than fight the crowds.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.