Monday, December 11, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 88

 


Hello, hello!  You know, sometimes the best weeks are simply ones where you get a bunch of little things done around the house.  I had a busy work week as it was registration for the new winter and spring activity guide so I was needed for a some extra hours to help out with signing people up for classes and activities.  I had a lot of fun with it and because we were so busy the days went by really quick.  Before I knew it the week was about to come to an end, but not all was lost.

 


I managed to get my housework and laundry done before I went into work each day and kept my meals super simple so they were easy to prepare.  I made soups and sandwiches several times and prepared a veggie tray to munch on last week.

 

I started with this stack of photos


By the time Thursday rolled around I had the day off so I put it to good use and spent the majority of the day working on my photo album project.  I put over 200 photos onto pages, added my annotations and then placed them into an album completing the years 2014 and 2015.  I was so happy about my progress that after I was done tidying up my craft mess I selected the next batch of photos I wanted and went online to order those printed up.  Another 119 photos from 2016 were picked up on my way home from work on Friday and are now ready to be archived.  Progress is being made!

 


One thing I’ve been working on this year was to clean up computer files and get documents and photos backed up onto a thumb drive.  I initially went into it without much of a plan and as a result I had three different thumb drives with various things on them and no rhyme or reason to any of it.  This kind of disorganization just does not work well for me and it nagged at me all the time.  Last week I went through all the drives to determine what was on each one and figured out it was a lot of duplication along with a bunch of stuff I had no desire to keep anymore.

 


I was finally able to purge those thumb drives and kept only the documents I wanted.  I loaded those docs onto my laptop, organized them into folders with names that make sense and then loaded them back onto one single thumb drive.  It was quite a job!  I did the same thing with my photos except I have yet to purge any of them because I simply ran out of time.  That will be a whole other project all of its own, but at least for now my photos are organized and backed up.  Once I finished up I formatted the other two thumb drives so they are now blank and can be used for other things later on.

 


While I didn’t have a lot of time at home this past week  to work on much (I don’t think the kitties were too impressed by my absence), I do think I made the most of the time I did have.  These projects are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.  I’ve been enjoying myself quite a bit.

 


 

2 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of accomplishment on jobs like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your part time job, sounds so fun. Then... you were able to enjoy working on the photos. What a fun week.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.