Saturday, February 3, 2024

REAL Food Recipe - Carrot Zucchini Bread

 


After growing zucchini last summer I grated quite a bit of it as well as some carrots too and put it into Ziploc bags and into my freezer.  Anytime I want to use it to bake with I have it at the ready.  I thought I’d share this recipe with you.  It is a nice little spin on regular zucchini bread.

 


Carrot Zucchini Bread 

1 1/2 cups grated zucchini

1/2 cup grated carrots

1/3 cup raisins

1/2 cup oil or melted butter

2/3 cup sugar or sweetener

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup milk

1 egg

2 cups flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking powder

In a large mixing bowl zucchini, carrots and raisins, toss together.   Add oil, sugar, vanilla, milk and egg.  Stir well to combine. Add flour, salt and baking powder.  Stir just until everything is mixed together.  Pour batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan.  Bake at 350° 55 to 60 minutes until top springs back at the touch. 

Carefully remove from pan and allow to cool on a rack.  Slice and serve.

 


I think the addition of some chopped nuts would be good in this too.  You could also swap out the raisins for dried cranberries.  Perhaps some chocolate chips?  This loaf makes a nice breakfast bread.

 

7 comments:

  1. Your bread looks so yummy. I had some applesauce open in the fridge so I use some of it to make a loaf of applesauce bread/cake. Also used up the overripe bananas and whey from making yogurt to make a loaf of banana nut bread. I’ve got zucchini shreds in the freezer, I think I’ll try your bread recipe next. Deb in TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job Deb! I may have to make an applesauce loaf next. That sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Do you drain the zucchini after thawing? When I freeze the shredded zucchini and use it for recipes it’s way less thawed than before freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for the recipe. Im fixing to try it.I have both in my freezer . Never thought to combine. Sounds yummy. I always make a couple breads at a time.one for later. Love how well it freezes. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.