Monday, October 14, 2024

30 Dinners For Only $30

 


Is it possible to come up with a month long meal plan for $30 anymore?  I wondered about that so I decided to put it to the test.  Yes, it is still possible to have healthy, nutritious and satisfying meals on a slim budget in this day and age and this is what I came up with. 

 


Simple Pasta Dinner

The shopping list is simple and assumes we all have some spices and oil in the cupboard, but even still for a little extra you could add some spice packets and a small bottle of oil if you need for not too much more.  This plan doesn’t include drinks, but I’m a water drinker so it was completely fine with me.

 

Recently these were on sale for .89/lb

This is based on store brand products
You could even get this for less if you hit the sales just right

I spaced out the meals to repeat on a weekly basis rather than daily so it makes for more variety and less boredom eating the same things over and over again.  There were only a few leftovers, but all in all it is an easy way to pull a meal prep and plan together, (you practically make all these meals at once and then you are done for the month), save some money and challenge one to really think outside the box and get creative.

 

Making burritos

Do you think you could manage to do something like this?  Would you even want to?

 

1 comment:

  1. Sure, I'd want to -- but right now...got other fish to fry. This will be especially helpful, though, in January for us, when life looks a bit more snowy, and I don't have much work. (Few people ask for appraisals in January. Fortunately.) My one problem: Husband loves desserts!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.