Wednesday, January 26, 2022

A Shopping Cart

 


One of the things I am doing this year is investing in some carefully thought out items that will make my life better and improve my quality of life overall.  The first item I have purchased is my very own shopping cart.  Why?  Well, because it will make my life easier and much nicer.  One of stores I shop in, Fred Meyer has some of the mini carts that are the perfect size for me, but stores like Winco and Wal-Mart have the much larger carts.  Wal-Mart does have a few of the smaller carts but they can be difficult to find.  Albertsons used to have them, but they have since opted for a mid size cart instead, which is still pretty big.  Factor in that most of the carts are dirty (which has always been a concern of mine, even pre-pandemic) or in desperate need of repair or replacement and it makes my favorite chore so much less pleasant, especially when you have to fight your cart to go straight, or the wheels squeal so everyone can hear you coming.

 

Check out the hot pink wheels!

By the time I'm done fighting my way through the store with the cart and load up my car my lower back is usually pretty angry with me and I still have to get the groceries into the house once I'm home.  I realized that once I'm home I can now reload my cart and take them all inside in just one trip. Since I have weight limits now on how much I can lift at any one time this is an excellent option and much safer.

 

It drives like a dream

The cart I chose is definitely not cheap which makes it an investment piece, for sure.  But, compared to what some people spend on a stroller to lug their kiddos around in, it seemed reasonable.  Plus I didn't want something cheap that wouldn't hold up or caused me frustration as that would definitely defeat the purpose of why I have it in the first place.  And I like that this cart operates along the same measures as a stroller in how it collapses down and pops back up.  It is German made, very rugged and drives super smooth.  It sets up and collapses easily and quickly too.  I found it on Amazon if you are at all interested in more details.  I used a discount coupon to shave 10% OFF the price and paid the rest with money from my annual Christmas bonus so it did not affect my 2022 budget in anyway.

 

I think it is the perfect size for me

I know a shopping cart may seem like an odd choice but for me and my particular situation I think it is a perfect option.  I wish I'd had it with me when I did my trip to Minnesota last fall.  It would have been ideal for hauling my stuff in and out of the hotels.  But, I will have it for next time so that makes me very happy.  In the meantime I plan to enjoy my thrifty shopping adventures even more.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. That's neat! Looks like it will be useful for many things, and if it helps your back, that's even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back was fine after shopping at 3 stores on Sunday. I was amazed.

      Delete
  2. Can you give us the brand name please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.