Monday, January 24, 2022

Budgeting My Way To Retirement - Week 3

 


I literally began the week how I ended the previous one by spending quality time in my craft room finishing up a gob of Christmas gift tags to replenish my supply in my gift wrap organizer.  We had used up the last of the tags I'd made a couple years back so we were definitely in need.  I love making gift tags, especially by using up scraps of things I'd collected from making greeting cards.  Now my scrap bin is pretty much empty, the pocket in my gift wrap organizer has been refilled and I'm ready to make greeting cards again.

 


With Monday being a federal holiday, Martin Luther King Day, I pretended I was a government employee or a student and took the day off.  Last year I wanted to schedule myself a gob of three day weekends throughout the year, and although my plans got derailed, I still think it is a great idea so I'm trying it again this year.  I've already scheduled myself off for President's Day next month.  Fingers crossed I get no unexpected surprises this year.

 


Payday was Thursday and I was thrilled to be able to take my entire paycheck, along with my Etsy earnings so far, and push it all into my savings account.  I also started working on my income tax returns for 2020.  So far things are looking better than I could have hoped for and I'm excited to get them completed and filed by month end.

 


Once again I didn't do any shopping last week, however I did go through the store ads and put a handful of items on my list to consider buying this week.  I will let you know if I ended up doing that in my next budget post.  In that same vein we were really good with our food use preparing nutritious meals at home, using items we already had on hand and making sure we kept food waste to a minimum - mission accomplished! 

Another great week in the books!  How about you?  How was your week?

 

4 comments:

  1. Not an easy one -- my mom died on Saturday morning. But at least she is not hurting anymore...and with my dad, who she missed so much. Just trying to keep going until the funeral Friday...then I can rest more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my friend, I'm so sorry. Know I am thinking of you. Bless your mom. She is in a far greater place, but I know you will miss her greatly.

      Delete
  2. Do you ever use fabric scraps when you make cards or tags? I know selvage quilts are popular but they are not my thing as you have to leave so much fabric attached to them in order to use them. I do think the little cute designs on them now are so fun and I do save a few. I can see how fun they would be included on cards and tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you mention that. I was thinking about that very thing this past weekend. I may dabble a bit with that. It would be fun.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.