Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Living Slowly & With More Intention

 


Time has a tendency to get away from us.  Stress and anxiety has a way of creeping into our every day and taking hold.  Outside influences such as crime, the new, social media, negative people, our jobs, heavy traffic, etc. wear on us.  Poor health, general unhappiness, lack of enthusiasm and depression can be the result of all of these things.  That is not how I wish to live my life.

 


I am generally a happy and positive individual, which oddly, has a tendency at times to make me rather unpopular.  Why?  Because misery enjoys company? Perhaps.  I can tell you I'd much rather be unpopular than miserable and unhappy.  I also have no desire whatsoever to keep up with the Joneses or participate in the rat race that consumes so many.  I've never been that way.

 


Even still, I do know I can improve my simple happy little life by living slowly and with more intention.  Putting more thought into what I do each day and why I do those things.  Taking my time while I do things and enjoying the process.  I've taken to relishing the fresh air after it rains, the smell when snow is about to fall on a crisp winter day, the warmth of the sun when spring arrives, blue skies on a hot summer day and the crunch of the leaves under my feet in fall.  The full moon in a dark sky is one of my truest pleasures.  I love that moon.  It is just stunning.

 


I take more joy in preparing and sipping my morning coffee.  I take more time to prepare and taste my food.  Even to fold my laundry.  When I go out to feed the chickens I take time to visit with them and really enjoy the fact that I have chickens to begin with.  I spend time with my kitties.  I spend time with myself.

 


I disengage from the world outside and I rest my mind as well as my body.  I fuel myself with good food for good energy.  I prefer to be kind and polite as opposed to in a hurry and too busy to be considerate.  I have a strong desire to be a good person.  In all ways possible.  I want to think more, learn more, do more things that bring me joy.  I want to be present in the moment.  I want to go to bed each night feeling like I got the most out of my day.  I want the very best out of life.

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.