Friday, February 18, 2022

No Budget, No Cost Valentine's Day

 


I knew a while ago that I wasn't going to have a Valentine's Day budget for gifts, treats or anything else for that matter.  By thinking ahead a little I was able to pull it off and it didn't cost me a dime.  I was thrilled!

 

I placed the treat bags filled with dipped pretzels on my daughter's plates

I used pretzels I'd purchased just before Christmas and leftover melting chocolate and almond bark left in the pantry from Christmas 2020 to make dipped pretzels.  I dressed them up with sprinkles (purchased on post-Christmas markdown 2020) I already had in my cabinet.  They turned out really nice.  I put them in Valentine themed treat bags I already had in my gift bag organizer.  I had plenty of leftover dipped pretzels to take into work and share with my co-workers.

 

A wonderful brunch with my girls 💗

Using only items I already had on hand I made a wonderful brunch for all three of us the day before.  My oldest was able to join us and that was a special treat all on its own as we hadn't seen her since Christmas.  I made apple muffins, homemade yogurt & frozen berries, fried potatoes and sausage as well as scrambled eggs.  My oldest brought sausage links and orange juice.  We had a fantastic meal and a great visit.

 

We ate so well that day ❤

I had saved a thick cut of prime rib roast from our New Year's Day meal knowing I could use that to make a special meal for me and my youngest.  Leftover cooked macaroni from the freezer was reheated and tossed with butter, pesto and parmesan as a side.  I made up a bit of au jus using up a half packet of mix I had left in the spice cabinet.  I made a delicious cabbage salad using part of a leftover cabbage and a carrot.  I used a rubber scraper and cleaned out the mayonnaise jar which gave me the perfect amount to make a nice dressing.  I added some ranch salad dressing as well as a little bit of my homemade dressing mix to season the mayonnaise.

 

This was delicious!

So was this simple little salad

I used up a ton of odds and ends I had in the freezer and refrigerator to make two wonderful meals and some nice treats too.  No one would have a clue about that either.  It was fantastic and I have to say that because it turned out so well and didn't cost anything extra it made it even more enjoyable.  Now, I just need to pull it off the same way for Easter.  I think I can manage that.

 

4 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.