Wednesday, February 16, 2022

My Frugal Coffee Habit

 


Ask anyone, I love❤ my coffee.  If someone were to tell me I couldn't drink my coffee anymore I'd cry buckets.  It is just something I truly enjoy.  I drink two cups first thing in the morning and then I enjoy a Keto coffee mid morning.  That is the one I really enjoy the most.  Usually I make it with a cup and a half of flavored coffee and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.  I put it in my travel mug and take it to work with me on the weekdays.

 


To make my coffee I have an electric drip coffeemaker my daughter gave me, a cone and a pot, a French press, my grandmother's vintage enamelware percolator and an electric K cup coffeemaker.  Not to mention an electric kettle for boiling water.  I'd say I've got all of my bases adequately covered.

 

Dollar Tree coffee & filters

For regular every day coffee I use espresso grind, something my grandpa taught me, so I end up using less coffee for each pot.  I order my grounds online in bulk or quite often I can buy it at Dollar Tree.  They have six ounce bricks and when I first purchased it I was pleasantly surprised.  I stocked up on quite a bit of it when it was still $1, but at $1.25 it is still a great bargain.

 

I think this one is my favorite

I buy my flavored coffees in twelve ounce bags when I find them on sale and especially when I have digital or paper coupons to go along with that price.  I try to keep it as close to $3 a bag as I can.  I do the same with the K cups in 12 count boxes.  But I find buying those in bulk when on sale is the most economical.  At Christmas time I bought an eight count variety pack of flavored K cups for $16.99 making them only 21¢ each.

 

I bought this on sale at Christmastime

I brew my pots of coffee using only two scoops of coffee for a full pot.  And then I reuse those same grounds, another thing my grandpa taught me, by adding one rounded scoop of coffee and brewing another pot before sending those spent grounds to the compost bin. It works out very nicely and tastes great every time.  Similarly, when I use a K cup I always brew twelve ounces of coffee instead of eight so I get the most coffee from each one.  The flavor is perfect.

 

My grandma's vintage enamelware percolator & my vintage rooster cup ❤

Because I do not drink an entire pot of coffee in one day I take any leftover coffee and pour it into quart sized Mason jars, put a lid on it and store it in my refrigerator.  Then I can pour myself a cup of coffee and reheat it in the microwave.  It reheats perfectly and still tastes fresh brewed.  My grandpa taught me that part too.  A brick of coffee will usually last me about six weeks or more and a bag of the flavored coffee will last me three months.  I typically only use on average two K cups a week so as you can imagine an eighty count box of K cups lasts me a good long time.

 

Keto coffee

I put heavy cream in my one 12 ounce Keto coffee every day and to save money on that item I purchase it in half gallon containers at a restaurant supply store.  It keeps in the refrigerator for about a month and that is perfect because that is about how long it lasts in our house.  It is the one luxury item I will continue to purchase as long as it is possible.  That Keto coffee is my daily treat and I absolutely love it.

 

Another favorite of mine

So there you have it.  My main luxury in life right now is my frugal coffee habit.  What is your luxury item?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.