Wednesday, June 29, 2022

This Month's Grocery Spending - June 2022

 


I maxxed out my $100 budget this month, in fact I actually went 72¢ over, but I literally shopped for the entire month of June and well into July in one fell swoop.  With the current gas prices I felt it was a good idea to get it all done at one time so I didn't have to do multiple trips to the store this month.  Admittedly, I did buy a few things this time around that we definitely did not need and are a total splurge like a three pound box of chicken nuggets for my daughter.  She loves them and I love her so there you go.

 


Along with my regular shopping I was able to add several items to my long term food storage which made me very happy.  Bulk pork sausage and pasta were two items I added along with some canned goods, frozen veggies, another FREE bottle of salad dressing and I even canned fourteen pints of potatoes and carrots, something I've really wanted to add to the pantry for quite some time.  I also added 10 half pint jars of cooked sausage to my long term food storage.

 


Currently our freezers and pantry are completely full as is my long term food storage area.  I have reached my long term food storage goals and can now sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  It has been a little over two years in the making and I feel really good about where I'm at, especially now that I'm retired and inflation right now is completely out of control.

 


Moving forward the plan is to enjoy what is in our pantry and freezers purchasing fresh produce and some dairy items as needed.  I am very much looking forward to all of the meals I can create with the items we have on hand.  To say we are very blessed would be an understatement.  I'm incredibly grateful for all that we have.

 

I did some canning and preserving for my long term food storage

How did you do this month?  Were you able to find some great sales?  What are some of the things you've been stocking up on?

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Btw, Amazon Warehouse has canned chicken on sale right now -- cheaper than buying tuna! I know your storage is full...but this is the right size for one or two...and certainly a much better price than usual. Good brand, too.

    https://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Protein-Snacks-Gluten-Canned/dp/B019YHTJGA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=chicken&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&qid=1656709239&s=warehouse-deals&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold out now, as of 7/2 -- darn.

      Delete
    2. I hope you go some. I home canned chicken this year plus I have some of the store bought too.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.