Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Two Beef Steaks = Many Meals

 


I had two sirloin steaks pulled from the freezer to thaw.  I like cooking with sirloin because it works so well in a variety of recipes.  Although the package said petite sirloin, these were nice sized.  I seasoned and cooked them in my cast iron skillet with some olive oil.  Then I let them rest before slicing them into strips.  My first meal was to have steak with sautéed green beans, also from the freezer.

 


The next meal was to place strips of steak over a delicious salad I made with a nice bed of greens and topped with diced tomato, shredded carrot, sliced hard boiled egg and balsamic vinegar.  I added a pickle on the side.

 


Shredded cabbage, carrot and sliced onion and peppers plus some more frozen green beans stir fried in olive oil was the last recipe I prepared.  I seasoned it with soy sauce and minced garlic, tossed in the remaining sliced steak and topped it with a drizzle of sesame oil.  This made enough for three meals for me and it was delicious.

 


I bulked up each of these dinners with a lot of vegetables.  Two steaks, five delicious and healthy meals.

 

4 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.