Monday, September 26, 2022

My Tireless Retirement - Week 25

 


Somehow in all my travels the previous week I picked up a nice little stomach bug to start off this past week.  I awoke Sunday with horrendous stomach pain along with the general feeling of being unwell.  Not at all how I was hoping to get started with my day, but sometimes that is just how it goes.  I spent all of Sunday resting and slowly eating toast with 7-Up and later in the day I was able add some canned soup to my menu.  Looking back I was pretty sure this was starting up the day before because I was feeling like the wind had been knocked out of my sails while at the park Saturday.  It had hit me full force by early Sunday morning.  By Monday morning I was doing much better, not tip top, but much improved.  One thing I was really grateful for was not to have the added stress of being well enough to go to work or not. Retirement is very nice in this respect.  I do hope none of you ends up getting this crud.

 

I did a Christmas craft for my front porch

Monday afternoon I was feeling so much better.  I worked on some fun holiday craft projects which I'll be sharing with you in some upcoming posts.  It's that time of year again!  So much fun was had.  On Tuesday I got caught up on my chores and laundry and then placed an online Home Depot order using a gift card I had earned by doing surveys for some supplies to complete some projects I would like to get done before winter sets in.  It was very nice to get those supplies for FREE!

 

Dollar Tree had my bread in stock so I grabbed a couple for the freezer

Wednesday was my errand running day.  Normally I do my errands on Tuesdays, but I had ordered a book from the library so I waited until they had it ready so I only had to make one trip.  I made a loop and went to Dollar Tree where I picked up a replacement glass for one that had broken sometime last year, I think.  Now I have a complete set of four once again.  The liquor store is practically next door so after being told I "was dangerously low" on vodka, apparently there is less than a shot in the old bottle, so I picked up a new bottle.  Next I stopped by our neighborhood thrift store and dropped off my small pile of donations, which always feels good.  Then off to the library to pick up the book I had ordered and drop off the DVDs and all of the books I had read.  Lastly I was off to Wal-Mart to return something and buy something else before making the trek back home before the storm hit.  I just made it too.

 

I made this fun quilted Halloween pillow

Thursday I went hiking and stopped at Home Depot on the way home to pick up part of my online order that was ready.  Friday I stayed home and just puttered around the house.  Saturday I finished running my errands by visiting two grocery stores.  I had pooped out on Wednesday and with a storm looming I decided to call it quits.  Probably still not quite ship shape from being sick on Sunday.  Anyway, once I got everything put away I hopped on my bicycle and went for a ride.  The weather was perfect and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I finished out my day by watching Fried Green Tomatoes that evening and then heading off to bed.  Oh man, that is such a great movie.  If you've never seen it, or it has been awhile, I heartily recommend.

 

A great day for a bike ride

I hope it was a great week for you as well.

 

4 comments:

  1. Reading this was like going along with you!
    Last week was my birthday, so we went to a "trad" Irish music session at an Irish pub with all the kids and two good friends. It was loud, but loved it. Otherwise, it was the usual work-on-appraisals, get the fifth-wheel ready for winter business. It's still warm/hot here in the days, but the nights are cooling off. (Oh, I read some books and worked on blogposts, too.) Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you had a good week too. The Irish pub sounds like a grand time.

      Delete
  2. I was a teenager when Fried Green Tomatoes was released. My best friend won tickets to the Toronto premiere off the radio station. I remember they gave us a copy of the soundtrack and some plastic green tomatoes in a crate!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.