Friday, November 11, 2022

Decluttering My Gift Wrap Organizer

 


A couple years ago I invested in a gift wrap organizer that I could hang up in a closet.  At the time it was a good upgrade from the bin I had been using because it held everything including the paper rolls.  However, since that time I have stuffed it full to the point that it had become so heavy I feared it might break the closet rod or the organizer itself.

 

I definitely do not need this many bags & gift boxes

The other day I decided to take it down and go through it because I realized I had collected way too much stuff for wrapping gifts.  I went through each and every item in each and every pocket and literally was able to get rid of half of what I had squirreled away.

 

This is what I chose to get rid of

No way did I need this many gift bags and boxes.  Or so many stick on bows.  And because I really enjoy making my own gift tags I got rid of a bunch of those too so now I have a good excuse to make some more.

 

Much more manageable

Now I feel I have just the right amount of gift wrapping supplies, probably still more than I need at the moment, but far less than I had before.  I have a nice selection of tissue paper good for all occasions, a small selection of birthday and Christmas gift bags in assorted sizes, a couple small Valentine gift bags plus three wine gift bags in no particular theme.  I kept a few Christmas gift boxes and a couple plain white ones too.

 

and a lot lighter

The organizer is so much lighter now and fits neatly in the closet of the upstairs spare bedroom which I think is the perfect place for me to do my gift wrapping.

 


Ready for a porch pick up

I figured someone else could probably get some good use out of the items I decluttered so I offered it all up for FREE on my neighborhood Facebook Buy Nothing page.  It always feels good to me whenever I take on a declutter project and even better when I'm able to share things that can help out another person.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I love posting stuff like that on my town's free site as well. I gave away a bunch of excess Christmas decor last year as my kids are older now and when the woman picked it up she was a working immigrant mom with 2 little kids - was so happy my things could bring some Christmas joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, my stuff went to a young immigrant couple too! I was thrilled. :D

      Delete
  2. I need to do this so bad, too! Great job! I’m sure the person that picked it up greatly appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.