Monday, May 15, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 58

 


Wow!  What a week I just had and I couldn’t be happier.  In spite of a lot of rain and windy weather I’ve been in constant project mode and have made a ton of progress on two home improvement projects I’ve got going on right now.  I finished one project, look forward to my post about that on Wednesday, and I’m almost done with the other one.  I hope to share the final results on that one with you very soon.  In the process of doing one of these projects I removed all the old raised garden beds in my backyard and finished cleaning up the backyard.  I ended up taking a very full truckload of junk to the county landfill.

 


I also set a very full trash bin and a very, very full recycling bin at the curb for collection last week.  It feels so good to finally have all that crap out of my house and my yard. Progress is being made folks and I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  However, I can’t help but wonder where it all came from.  Amazing what we accumulate so much stuff even when we think we are managing to keep on top of things.

 


I’ve been pulling weeds and cleaning out flowerbeds, especially around the shrubs and trees where leaves tend to collect.  I picked up ten bags of bark mulch to top off all the mulch I spread last year and make it not only look refreshed but to also make it thicker.  It really helps with the weeds and to keep the moisture in the ground so my plants can thrive, which they seem to be doing rather well.  Because I do not claim to have a green thumb by any stretch of the imagination I’m so happy with how things have come back after the long winter.  Things are blooming and the trees have really leafed out nicely.  I just love it!

 

I planted this old bucket full of a variety of flowers
I can hardly wait to see it all in bloom

Last week I shared with you some of the smaller projects I’ve been working on and I have to tell you, it is so nice having that timer on the exhaust fan in my upstairs bathroom.  The other night I took a shower after a hard day of work and was able to head right off to bed without having to stay up and wait to turn that fan off.  Little luxuries, little luxuries!

 

I wish you could see these in person, they are just fabulous!

I sure hope you all had a great week and a fabulous Mother’s Day yesterday, I sure did.  Good food, mini black forest cakes for dessert and now I’ve got more stuff to plant.  Oh darn!  And happily I have projects to continue with and finish too.  Things are really happening around here!  I feel so blessed, so fortunate, so happy!  Have a great week ahead everyone and don’t forget to let me know what you’ve been up to.

 

4 comments:

  1. I love hearing the happiness in your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it when you post pictures and describe the projects you tackle no matter how big or small. You give me energy and motivation to tackle my projects and house clean out. At our house the woodchips are down the flowers are planted and the garden is planted!!! Yea!! We are early this year and it feels great. It is rewarding to see progress. Can’t wait til Wednesday for your next post! Take care! Nora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my heart sing. Thank you Nora. :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.