Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Working On Some Updates & Want Items

 


At this time I have a larger project going on that I will be sharing with you later, but while waiting for paint to dry and supplies to arrive I was able to tackle a few other mini projects.  You all know I refreshed my downstairs bathroom which is a little powder room located off of my laundry room.  I’m still elated with the final results of that project and I’m so happy I did it.  One of the things I had to take care of prior to that project was to replace the thermostat that had broken.  After swapping out that the old with the new I decided to go ahead and get another one so I could replace the thermostat in the upstairs bathroom as well.  I had noticed the last few times I had turned it on that the knob was getting difficult to turn so I wanted to get that taken care of before it too decided to break.

 


Many, many years ago I had updated all of the original ivory outlets and light switches to white ones.  All of the new light switches I installed were the rectangular rocker style with the exception of the upstairs bathroom.  Prior to swapping out all of the outlets and light switches I had to update the ones in the bathroom when they became worn and faulty.  At that time I had used regular style switches.  I left those as is since they were new even though they didn’t match the rest of ones in the house.  At the time I just figured I’d update those once they started to wear out, but as it happened they never did.

 

Simple little changes make a big difference

I always wanted a timer switch for the exhaust fan in the upstairs bathroom, purely a want item, certainly not a need.  But, I always thought it would be nice to be able to set a timer for the fan to be on after I showered so I could go downstairs and not have to remember it was running.  I have often forgot to go back upstairs and turn it off.  I finally got my timer and because it is shaped like a rocker switch I also got a new light switch and updated both so all my light switches throughout the house are now the same.  I like things to be cohesive.  Same light switches, same power outlets, same style of thermostats in my bathrooms, it’s just how I am.

 

Before

Along with all of these updates I also made my way through the house and replaced all the plates that had cracks or damage.  I had extra white screws and I even swapped out any plate screws that had chipped or missing paint.  I am amazed at how simply swapping out a screw or even touching them up with a little white paint makes them look clean, fresh and new.

 

After

Simple maintenance really goes a long way.  Just simple little changes and updates make everything look so nice and well kept.  Even more, it makes me feel good, especially when those simple tiny changes make my life a little bit better and the sense of pride I have in my home and my ability to make those changes is priceless.

 

4 comments:

  1. When all 4 of our kids were living at home, we used the fan timer as a shower timer. Once the timer went off, the light went off with it and the bathroom was dark, so it was time to get out of the shower. It was the only way to guarantee a hot shower for everyone in the mornings. But now we use it the way you plan to, just to make sure the humidity gets out and we don't leave the fan running all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a simple little thing that makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  2. The little things ,are what shows up the most!!! Your house is looking fantastic. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.