Monday, June 26, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 64


Another week has zipped right on by already.  Although it is officially summer you wouldn’t know it by the cooler temperatures we had last week.  A couple nights saw us down in the mid 40s which made for some chilly nights.  I had wanted to go camping last week, but with the overnight lows below freezing up in the mountains I decided to wait for a little while.  Instead, I grabbed a jacket and spent some time running errands.

 

I picked up a new set of floral dies and had a bucket of fun!


While it rained and the wind blew I spent a great deal of time paper crafting ephemera for various journals I am in the process of making.  With doing all of this crafting lately I’ve narrowed down what I wanted to get to organize my paper craft supplies, once and for all, so I placed an order and am very hopeful this will be the item that will do the trick.  It arrived last Tuesday and I’ve been using it ever since and so far I am quite pleased with it.  I’ll be sharing more about that with you in an upcoming post.

 

I was able to reuse the box and build a bunny tunnel
She loves it! 💖

We got some rain off and on so afterwards I went outside and pulled weeds along the side of my driveway as well as the ones that popped up in the cracks.  I am not a huge fan of weeding but I am very good at growing them.  If I spend a few minutes here and there pulling them up as I see them it is much more manageable and less of a chore for me so I keep at it.

 

Edith & her crew dusting themselves in the soft dirt

More tomatoes!

I puttered in the garden and flowerbeds and noticed I have some blossoms starting to show on my zucchini plants.  I now have a zucchini growing as well as more tomatoes too.  I harvested cilantro for the bunny, the chickens and myself.  My hens have been busy laying eggs, more than I can eat, so I’ve been sharing with friends.  My little homestead is coming right along.  I am becoming more and more hopeful of a good outcome with the garden.

 

I picked up some items on sale at Fred Meyer to donate

And these items at Dollar Tree also

Once this bag is full I plan to drop it off at the high school for their student pantry

I’ve been making plans for this year’s winter preparations.  Yes, unbelievably it is already time to start working on that.  I find that if I gradually work on this process over the summer it is much less overwhelming and also much less expensive than if I wait until the last minute. I’m also able to get a lot more accomplished.  As part of my winter preparations I ended up making a big decision about something I wasn’t really planning to do, but now I’m very glad I did.  Be sure to check back on Saturday when I tell you all about that little project.

 

I reorganized my china cabinet

A pot roast supper prepared from my home canned meat & veggies
I think this is my favorite item to have on hand

I hope you all had a wonderful and productive week.  Take care as you enjoy your summer.  Stay safe and stay healthy.  XXX

  

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of you to donate those items, and such a great idea! I need to check with our local schools to see if they do this. Your china cabinet is beautiful! 😍

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.