Monday, July 31, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 69

 


It is the last day of July folks!  Our summer is going by so fast!  How is everyone?  Is it super hot where you live?  I has been pretty toasty here.  Typical July for us, that’s for sure.

 


Staying inside where it was nice and cool was high on my priority list.  I found plenty to keep me busy, including some housekeeping tasks, but also a bunch crafting and some more crocheting.  I made the cutest diecut Santas to use for embellishing cards, tags, journals and scrapbooks.  It was a ton of fun making these.  I also made some of the cutest containers out of recycled Amazon boxes to store items in my sewing room.  I can’t wait to show you the updates I’m working on so stay tuned.

 

I like the ugly sweater one 😁
The detail isn't showing up as well as I'd like

In the summer I like to keep meals super simple and light, usually just a piece of meat and some vegetables or a fresh green salad.  I’m not opposed to eating breakfast for dinner either.  My favorite meal I made last week was spicy Italian sausages simmered in tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and some spices.  At the last five minutes of cooking I added one of my garden zucchinis I had chopped up.  My goodness, that was so delicious.  My next favorite meal hands down was Keto waffles.  I had four precooked sausage patties in the freezer leftover from the 4th of July weekend so I took those out, reheated them in the microwave and had them with the waffles.  Perfect!

 

Sorry for the blur, my camera wasn't happy this week


I ran errands on Monday early in the morning, filling up my gas tank, still sticking to my $25 a month fuel budget, and picking up prescriptions.  Albertson’s sent me a couple digital offers as well as some digital coupons to go with those offers so I was able to pick up three packages of bacon for $2.69 each, a one pound package of vacuum sealed salmon for $5.51 and a two pound package of frozen shrimp for $7.98.  Thank you very much Albertson’s.  I don’t know how they knew I was hoping to add more seafood to my freezer as part of my winter stock up, but I’m sure darn happy about it.  I can now declare my winter stocking up complete, including my wish list items.  Whoo hooo!  Although, I wouldn’t be opposed to a really good sale on pot roasts.  LOL  I ran errands again on Wednesday to pick up a 50# bag of scratch grains at the feed store and take care of some banking business.

 

You think you're helping don't you?

It was a pretty good week I’d say.  I crafted and crocheted quite a bit, cleaned and oiled my sewing machine, wrote a letter and sent out a birthday card, organized a few things, purged a few things, as well as did the usual household and garden tasks along with a load of laundry.  I did some work out in the yard, cleaning up some debris after a big wind came through and trimmed my cherry tomato plant as it was getting pretty top heavy. Before I knew it my week was coming to an end and I wondered how that had happened.  August begins tomorrow and soon our summer will be coming to an end.  I feel like I haven’t done nearly enough or all of the things I’d originally set out to do, but when I look back and see all the things I’ve actually done I realize it has been another happy, busy summer so far.  I feel really good about that.

 

Here is a sneak peek of some of my new sewing room organization

I hope to make August a super great month.  How about you?  Any big plans or projects on the horizon?  Will you be doing any traveling or camping?  Let me know in the comments how your summer has been going.

 

8 comments:

  1. You're having a great summer! We're getting stuff done here but also enjoying some fun too. No traveling until the fall. We're focusing on landscaping around our house this summer. I'm trying to make more time for crafts, art and sewing because I tend to think I need to get tasks done and then enjoy some hobby time. But that time often doesn't come.
    ~margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a bit of a struggle for me between work around the house and doing fun stuff. I'm getting better at it.

      Delete
  2. Well that salad and those waffles look absolutely delicious! Yum! Sounds like you have been busy-busy! We are just gearing up for back-to-school time here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back-to-school time always made made me a little sad. I was never ready for my girls to go back or the end of the summer. Time just goes by way too fast.

      Delete
  3. Love all the fun crafts you've done.
    Yes, scorching here too. I've been staying in sewing (10 month old granddaughter, so fun)!
    Love the Santa's.
    You are so talented. Have fun.
    Waffles look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Best way to beat the heat is to sew and craft our hearts out. Enjoy you grandbaby.

      Delete
  4. Honestly, just trying to get through this heat and looking forward to Fall. It's too hot to go outside, so I've been busy inside this summer. I usually love the summer and taking the grandkids outside to play, but I think we will do all of our playing in the winter months from now on :) I'm wishing we still had an Albertson's here, with all of those coupons you're getting! Kroger did just send me some in the mail, so that's where I'll be going from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kroger does have some pretty good deals. I probably shop there more than Albertsons's, usually. Stay cool! :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.