Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Journaling Your Autobiography

 


I think this is a great idea!  I wish now, as my grandparents would tell us stories of their lives, that I’d had the presence of mind to jot that stuff down.  Little tidbits of information I’ve lost along the way and would love to have access to now.  One of my goals is to do up an autobiography journal of my life so that generations to come will have those little tidbits.

 


My plan is to begin with the year of my birth and move forward with stories and memories that I can recall.  I plan to add photographs too - my parents and siblings as well as my children.  Pets too.  Additionally, I want to pepper it with my favorite places, things, recipes and experiences.  Whatever happens to cross my mind.  There is not right or wrong way to do this.

 

I'd love to incorporate some of this stuff & thin it down some more

It will be a lifelong project, to be sure.  Something I can work on in my “spare time” or as I recall things that perhaps someone may be of interest.  I might only have five minutes or five hours to work on it, who knows?  Adding in words of wisdom or lessons that I’ve learned along the way.  I think it will be a super fun project.  Have any of you ever wanted to do something like this?  If you’ve started an autobiography or something similar I’d love to hear about it.

 

10 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea and definitely a long project. I often think about doing something like this to leave to my grandchildren. I would love to own this from my own grandmother. It's just such a supersized task! I'll be watching your blog for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it a bit overwhelming myself. I'll break it up into bite size pieces and get it done.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I too, wish I would have written down my memories from my many summers I spent weeks with my Grandmother. All the things ,she did and the stories she told me. Also have written things from my children and grandchildren's lifes.
    Enjoy your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago for my birthday my husband bought me some scrapbooking supplies including a book called something like Scrapbooking Me. I plan to use it to make a scrapbook about me so my children & grandchildren will have those stories & pictures. I've started scrapbooking again so it's definitely on the list of projects I'll be starting this fall.
    ~margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually doing this for my sons. I will get it printed. Going through the dusty files in my head sure brings up old memories. I am trying to match photos with the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been documenting stories of my children's lives since they were born, in the form of journals. My oldest turns 40 this year! I stopped sometime during middle school years but then started scrapbooking so their stories are still there in a different form. I have my great grandfather's journal with photos, from his years he spent as a aerialist in many famous circus companies during the early 1900's.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.