Friday, July 28, 2023

This Month's Grocery Spending 2023 - July

 


In past years I’ve always spent my summers stocking up for winter.  Gathering food and household items at the best possible prices for the pantry and deep freezer in order to not spend much on groceries while paying the higher electric bills to heat my home in the winter.  It is a practice that has served me well for a very long time and I plan to continue doing so.  But, now that I’m on my own I have found I don’t really need to spend the entire summer stocking up.  All I need now is a few good sales.

 


This past month I had a few good sales and great luck with the markdowns.  Within a few shopping trips I was able to pick up meat on sale or markdown as well as some bread items to fill the designated shelves in my new freezer.  I even got a really good deal on some frozen shrimp on my wish list.  Yay!  I am fully stocked up for winter and I could be happier.

 

Chicken breasts on sale for $1.77 a pound and markdown ground beef

The meat deals were phenomenal.  I was able to stock up on steaks that were on sale as well as markdown.  It has been a good long while since I’ve seen prices this low and I definitely took advantage of it.  A New York strip steak for less than $3!  Boneless skinless chicken breasts and 97% lean ground beef for well under $2 a pound?!  Yes please and thank you very much!

 

Digital coupons for salmon & frozen broccoli + markdown steaks

Other than stocking up on meats I filled in a few gaps in my pantry and restocked a couple items I was low on, but for the most part I focused on fresh or frozen produce and dairy.  I had the opportunity to stock up on a nice variety of cheeses on sale for $1.49 a package.

 

Markdown bread products to stock the freezer

Gifted ribeye steaks

Digital coupons helped me save even more over the sales prices so my final totals on these little excursions to the grocery store were super low overall.  Plus!  My BFF gifted me with a cartful of groceries after the 4th of July holiday.  That was a wonderful surprise.  After all was said and done my final grocery total for July came in at $XX.  I’m not sad about that at all!

 


I hope you were able to get some really good deals at the supermarkets this month.  I’m excited to see how low I go in August.  I bet it will be pretty awesome.  And fun too!

 

6 comments:

  1. I might need to make a run to Kroger after seeing this! I would love those deals on meat! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been years since I've seen deals like that on meat where we live! And a question, how do you freeze the bread so it is not freezer burnt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't those meat deals really something? I put my loaves of bread inside of a 1 or 2 gallon ziploc bag.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.