Monday, August 7, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 70

 


Hello my friends!  This past week we had a nice reprieve from the high 90s and triple digit temperatures we’ve been having down to the low 90s toward the middle to end of the week.  Still pretty hot and dry here though and we’ve got some wilderness fires going, apparently some are manmade (sigh).  That is the main reason I haven’t been camping lately and my latest plans have been sidelined for the time being.

 


Tuesday, the hottest day of the week, I did my chores and got everything outside watered.  Then I ran my errands and took in the latest Fast & Furious movie Fast X at the budget theatre.  Movies are only $2 on Tuesdays instead of the regular $3.  That movie was so action packed I left the theatre needing a nap.  After the movie I made a couple other stops on the way home and I was down for the count.

 

Bacon wrapped chicken breast w/sauteed green beans

I made a small batch of fresh tomato sauce

I recovered from my Tuesday and was back in action.  I have begun an absolutely HUGE project, just for you guys, which occupied most of my time last week.  I even lost sleep over it because I had a hard time shutting my mind down at bedtime.  I’m super excited about it and I can hardly wait to share it with you.  I’ll give you a hint though, it is something that you’ve requested of me for a looooooong time.  Any guesses?

 

A new baby afghan for my empty shower gift stash
I like to have one for a boy, one for a girl & one that is neutral

I kept busy during my “downtime” by crocheting quite a bit.  I knocked out a few more items on my list as a result.  A good crochet project helps me take the time to sit and rest instead of constantly being on the go.  It also helps me to sit down long enough to actually watch a show or a movie on my TV, otherwise I get antsy.  In case you haven’t figured it out, I have a hard time sitting still.

 

Before
(It was given to me this way ages ago)

After

This past Friday I shared with you some of the organizing I had done in my sewing room.  I’ve done a little bit more and will be sharing some of those updates with you soon.  Last week I went through my sewing patterns and repaired all of the torn and tattered envelopes.  Then I organized them into new containers I had made.  I’m excited to share them with you as well as how I made them so look forward to that coming up in the not too distant future.

 

I squeezed in a couple of repairs fixing my hoe
so the head quits falling off the handle

and recaulking the tub spigot

That about covers it for me.  What are you guys up to?  Getting any rain?

 

16 comments:

  1. No guesses on the HUUUUUUUGE project, but your blog has taught me to love a good cliff-hanger! They are always worth it. Your baby afghan is just lovely. One of these days I'm going to have to get serious about learning crochet. I did take a class once, but the instructor, while a fantastic crochet-er, wasn't very good at teaching others how it was done. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you like the project. LOL.

      There are some great videos on YouTube to learn how to crochet. I've learned a lot of new stitches lately that I'm hoping to try out.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could knit or crochet. I've tried and my hands won't do what I want them to do. I can embroider, paint a canvas or play the piano but I can't knit or crochet!
    ~margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. I can't play the piano, read music or paint and draw. I love embroidery.

      Delete
  3. Huge project? My guess: are you writing another book? The baby afghan you made is so pretty! What a good idea to have three already done and waiting for the next baby gift-giving opportunity. I want to do that with baby quilts I make. Looking forward to hearing about your recent big project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh a huge project? Looking forward to the reveal. I have no idea since you are talented in so many different areas.
    What a sweet baby blanket and great job fixing the pattern sleeves. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good project! And a mystery :) Waiting to see what you're up to and no on the rain. I would love a few afternoons full of showers, but it's not looking good for Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get as much as I would've liked, but I'll take whatever I can get. Praying for more. For you too!

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to the reveal! Personally I’d love a YouTube channel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have no idea??? Bur, can't wait to see, what your up to. 😆
    Baby blanket us adorable.
    So sad about the fires.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.