Wednesday, August 30, 2023

This Month's Grocery Spending 2023 - August

 


I didn’t do a lot of shopping for the month of August.  At the beginning of the month I did happen across a wonderful deal on bacon, frozen salmon fillets, frozen shrimp and frozen vegetables, all digital coupon deals that were offered to me by my grocery store.  I stocked up my freezer quite a bit with those things.

 


The rest of the things I bought were more sporadic.  While at Wal-Mart to pick up items I needed for projects I’ve been working on I also picked up a quart of cream and a head of lettuce to supplement what I already had on hand.  Later in the month I picked up another head of lettuce while I was there, but for some reason they were out of cream.

 


I stopped into Fred Meyer to pick up the cream I needed and decided to get two quarts so I wouldn’t need to go back to the store again for a good long while.  I also found marked down bell peppers to chop up and put in the freezer for future recipes as well as a package of low carb dinner rolls to try out.

 

I used one of these zucchinis sliced thin to make a great lasagna

Not much for any big shopping hauls this month, that’s for sure, but enough to keep me in what I needed and wanted.  I prepared a lot of tasty and healthy meals and enjoyed my favorite Keto coffee every day so I as a happy camper.  It also helps that my garden has been producing fresh tomatoes and plenty of zucchini for me to enjoy so I don’t have to buy any of those at the store right now.

 


My grand total for food came in at just $63.42 for the month and I did not have any nonfood purchases.  As I move into fall I plan to simply supplement what I already have on hand.  If I come across a super great deal I may stock up on that item if it happens to be something I use a lot of or is on my “wish list”, but other than that prepare yourself for some boring grocery shopping trips ahead.  You never know though, I may just surprise you.

 

6 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.