Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Purging & Organization - My Clothes Closet

 


A couple of weeks ago I found myself contemplating shopping for some new clothes as I head into Fall and Winter because I had been struggling to put outfits together and found myself pretty much wearing the same things day in and day out.  I realized that my boredom with my wardrobe was suggesting to me that I go shopping and spend money.  The truth is I had plenty of clothing in my closet already that I wasn’t wearing so how was buying more stuff really going to solve my “problem”?

 

I put together eight different outfits to wear in the week ahead

Instead of going to the store I went upstairs to my bedroom with my “let’s get real eyes” on and took a good look at what I had.  There were a lot of good clothing pieces in my closet that I just wasn’t wearing, but I really liked them and they all currently fit me, so I pulled everything out and laid in on my bed.

 

I eliminated two tops & a small pile of hangers

I began by simply putting together outfits out of what I had laid out and came up with some new combinations and this really gave me a boost.  It was quite amazing!  I even put together some pieces that before I never would have considered wearing together, but now that I can see that they do go nicely together it is literally like having a brand new outfit without spending any money.

 

My closet is so much more streamlined and organized now

It also helped me to realize that what I thought I was low on (such as my thinking I needed some new bottoms) I actually had more than enough.  Plenty of bottoms to coordinate and wear with my tops, plenty of colored sweaters to had the warmth I will need as Fall and Winter seasons approach and loads of variety too.

 


In the process I pulled out two tops that I knew I no longer wanted as they just weren’t my favorites.  I didn’t care for the way they felt or fit me even though they were my size so I added them to the donation bag in my garage.  Now someone else can have them to add to their wardrobe and enjoy.

 

I placed my earrings on the bathroom counter
where they are much more accessible & they look pretty

I also realized that I kept forgetting to put on earrings each day, with is something I really like to do, especially after going to all the trouble to update the hooks on all of them.  Instead of sitting in my closet I relocated them back to my bathroom where I get ready each day which for me makes a lot more sense.

 


I honestly feel like I had a bit of a shopping spree, but I didn’t actually do any shopping.  This process didn’t just save me a bunch of money, but I also downsized a bit plus got some serious cleaning and organizing done, all of which is a huge goal of mine for the year.  I now feel excited about the “new” outfits I have to wear each day.  I also discovered I need absolutely nothing because I have more than enough clothing including pajamas, socks, shoes and undergarments.  Win – win!!

6 comments:

  1. I love shopping at home!
    ~margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on doing my closet in the next week or two. I have too many items I just don't wear anymore and either need to start wearing them or let them go. I moved all of my jewelry into our bedroom bathroom a few years ago and it really does make it easier to remember to actually wear it. Your closet looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job.. love the putting earrings on bathroom counter.It dies look pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.