Monday, September 4, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 74


Happy Monday once again my friends!  Today is Labor Day in the U.S. so I hope you have the day off.  My goodness what a week I had!  It was busy, busy, busy as I got ready to launch my fun little food and recipe journal this past Friday.  Thank you so much for your kind support of this project and to those who have already purchased one.  It has been wonderful and I truly do appreciate it.

 


I shared with you the week before that I was cucumber bombed and I did end up making two quarts of refrigerator dill pickles out of them.  They were pickling cucumbers that had been left on the vine a little longer than ideal for whole pickles so I sliced them into thick slices and decided on refrigerator pickles so they’d be firm and crispy.  My house smelled absolutely delicious once I finished this little task and I can hardly wait to try them in a couple weeks and see how they turned out.  I’ll be sure to let you know.  I love pickles and these are very low carb (no sugar) so I can enjoy them anytime I wish.

 


The cooler temperatures have allowed my garden to flourish once again.  I’ve been harvesting tomatoes and I have new zucchinis coming on now too.  Even my flowers have begun to blossom and fill out again so they aren’t looking quite so bedraggled.

 


My blood work came back and all is well with that.  Thank you Lord!  Nothing notable for me to be concerned about so it is onward and upward.  Whoo hooo!!  Along with that I’ve lost two more pounds and my clothes are fitting me much better.

 

I was a pretty cute baby

I went back through my sentimental bin and pulled a bunch of items out to add to one of my photo albums.  It motivated me to take the snapshots I’d tucked inside from high school and get them onto pages, annotate and place inside the album.  I also added a couple keepsakes that belonged to my grandmother and my great grandmother.

 

My grandmother's Junior Prom dance card & a handmade
autograph booklet belonging to my great grandmother
(used prior to high school yearbooks), just so sweet

I hope you had a wonderful week and are looking forward to the week ahead.  Anything fun on the agenda?  Take care!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.