Friday, September 29, 2023

This Month's Grocery Spending 2023 – September

 


I got A LOT of stuff for not a lot of money this month so I’m pretty darn happy about that.  I was able to get plenty of fresh dairy and produce for meals and picked up some spices from the bulk bins to add to my cabinet.  I also did some bonus stocking up, which was completely unplanned, but when the opportunity presents itself who am I to refuse?

 

My big Winco haul complete with bulk spices

I did a nice big shop at the beginning of the month at Winco.  That particular store isn’t real close to my house, but I had enough items on my list that I decided it would be worth the trip.  Plus, they have a really nice bulk foods department and I wanted to get some spices.



I shopped a couple more times later in the month, once was to buy some buns, primarily low carb, for hamburgers and hotdogs.  I made a special trip to Fred Meyer for those as there was nothing in the ads that week to tempt me.

 


There were no plans to do anymore shopping this month, however Albertson’s gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse.  $5 OFF A $15 Purchase.  As it turned out I was able to get some extra meat in the form of a dozen steaks for my freezer that had been marked down.  I added an extra onion and a couple bell peppers on sale, 2 for $1, while I was at it and that was more than enough for me.

 


I spent more this month than I have for a while, but still very much under my budgeted $100 per month.  In reviewing my list I was quite surprised with all that I bought as it seems like quite a bit for one person and the occasional guest.  I still have plenty of produce to start the month of October with too.

 


How did you do this month?  Are you stocking up for winter?  Are you stocking up on anything these days?  How are the sales in your area?

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You got some great deals! I have been "stocking up" in very small bursts. I got a 25-lb bag of flour and a gamma lid and 5-gallon bucket to store it in, along with a fresh of instant yeast. 2 big bottles of low-sodium soy sauce. Sale butter for holiday baking.

    I really need to do an inventory and start working more seriously on this. But everyday life keeps distracting me! A car with a broken fuel pump, a refrigerator that just up and died. All things that demand immediate attention and don't leave me time for pondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! Every little bit counts. I'm so sorry about your car troubles and the refrigerator. Hopefully that is the end of it and you can get back to stocking up.

      Delete
  2. Oh, you did great! I'm seriously trying not to go over $100 a week for our family of three. I know I could trim it down even more. I need to work on that. We did a big freezer inventory last time, so I'm really going to try to use up more of what we already have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I love a good freezer challenge. With prices the way they are I think $100 a week is a great goal.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.