Monday, September 11, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 75

 


Oh my goodness!  The weeks are tearing by, kids are already back in school, football season is here and Fall is on its way.  I love to decorate for Fall so that is what I did last week.  I love the cute little pumpkins dotted throughout my home and, yes I know it is a touch early, but I had to set out my cute little ghosties and my terra cotta jack-o-lantern.  They’re my favorites.  The Fall wreath is hung by the front door too.  In the process I even decluttered a few items from the storage tote and started a new donation bag out in my garage.

 

I just love these cute little buggers!

After looking ahead at our weather forecast I had decided to go ahead and pull the A/C units out of the upstairs bedrooms a week early and store them away for winter.  I typically only need to run the A/C in my house from 4th of July weekend through Labor Day once the temperatures reach 95° or higher.  Other than that my house will stay nice and comfortable leaving my power bill quite low during the summers.  Since decluttering and reorganizing my closet I’m now easily able to store the units in my master bedroom.  No more lugging them up and down the stairs to keep them in the garage which has been really nice.

 


YUM!!!


I celebrated my 59th birthday over Labor Day weekend on Saturday and it was such a nice day.  With fresh flowers, a wonderful dinner and a delicious berry cheesecake for dessert.  It was absolutely perfect!  I just can’t believe I’m 59.  My next birthday I will be 6-0!  Yikes!  Time is flying!

 

My flowers are blooming like crazy!

Sunday we got a much appreciated rain to freshen everything up and water my flowers and garden.  I had doors and window opens letting in all the fresh air.  I got outside on Tuesday to do a little bit of yard work as the rains had left me with quite a bit of tree debris on the ground.  I also needed to tidy up my neighbor’s row of hedges along the property line and my driveway as they were beginning to encroach on the area where I park my truck.  I didn’t want to risk scratching the side of my truck when I pull into my driveway.

 

These shrubs.....  (sigh)

Speaking of my truck I finally got to complete a project I started three years ago, but wasn’t able to finish.  I had some areas on the driver’s side where the paint had begun to fail.  I’ll go into more details about it in Friday’s post, but I cannot tell you how good it feels right now to have it completed, not to mention the relief I feel too.  It was really bothering me that I hadn’t been able to take care of this sooner and I confess I was worrying about it.  Now it is done and there is no more worry.  Whew!

 

My truck needed a little bit of love

On one of my walks I picked up a couple books from the neighborhood lending library box.  When I’m done with them I’ll return them so someone else can enjoy them and I plan to add a book of mine to it also.  It is really nice and very convenient to have that library box in our neighborhood.

 

The garden is doing great!

I feel like I got so much stuff accomplished this past week and as always it feels really, really good.  Especially when you get to check off one of those long awaited projects from the list!  It just fuels me up to get more done.

 

Keto Sopa Seca

I hope you enjoyed a fabulous week last week and wish you all well in the week ahead.  Take care, be happy and be blessed.

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to you. Love the cake and flowers. I'm glad you had a good birthday. We have a neighborhood library box also and it is nice to be able to just walk over and find something to read. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dessert looks yummy! Belated happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.