Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Journaling For Faith & Spirituality

 


This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart.  Since retiring I’ve kept a daily journal and a large part of journaling for me is to also to journal my spiritual thoughts, some of my prayers and my gratitude to God for all that he blesses me with every day.  It is very important part of my journaling process.

 


I know many people have a dedicated journal for bible study, a gratitude journal or as a prayer journal.  I think that is absolutely wonderful.  What a testament that is.  At this time in my life I find incorporating it into my daily journal works very well for me, but who knows?  Perhaps someday I may have one just dedicated for faith.

 


There is something to be said about writing it down on paper when you practice gratitude or say a prayer.  For me, it makes it much more tangible, more important.  I often pray and talk with the Lord, sharing my thoughts, fears and feelings with Him.  When I write it down it feels more as though I am handing it over and allowing Him to take it from me so I no longer need to carry it.  It is definitely a practice that has helped me to ease my anxiety or rejoice in all that He has blessed me with for it is abundant.  How truly blessed I am.

 

2 comments:

  1. Everyday gratitude to God really keeps my attitude in check. I hate dusting, but I remind myself that I am grateful to have a house that gets dusty. I get annoyed doing dishes until I remind myself that dirty dishes mean we have food to eat. I despair when I have to declutter, until I remind myself to be grateful for the opportunity to bless others with perfectly good things I no longer need.

    I try to remind myself that God is in control. He does help those who help themselves, so as long as I put in the work, I know that He will help me and is ultimately in charge of the outcome.

    What a good entry! :^) I don't keep a journal, but this is yet one more good reason to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I retired I started keeping a journal. I have been enjoying it so much more than I ever thought I would.

      Love your attitude! Take care Sue and have a great day!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.