Friday, December 15, 2023

Creating Another Photo Album

 


Along with my decluttering this year I was hoping to get all of my loose ph0tos into albums.  I also wanted to annotate pages in those albums so that generations after me will be able to know about the people on those pages and their family history.  Surprisingly, I was able to accomplish my goal well ahead of the end of the year at the end of September.  Originally, my plan in 2024 as far as photos go, was to start going through my archived digital photos on my laptop as well as on numerous thumb drives I’ve accumulated over the years.  Happily I was able to begin that project in October and it has definitely been a joyous project to work on.

 


I’ve been going through photos year by year to not only reminisce but also jog my memory banks.  I am now printing off the best of the best of these photos one year at a time so I don’t get overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of this project.  Once I pick up a pack of photos I’ve had printed I’ve been placing them on pages using acid free cardstock and acid free photo safe page protectors.  Once the pages are done I’ve gone back and annotated the people and events taking place in these photos.  Then the pages go into a three ring binder.

 


My plan going into 2024 is to continue this project until I make it through all of the photos up to present day.  I have ten years worth of digital photos to complete so I’ve still got a fair way to go but even if I only manage to do one year per month I should be able to complete this project in time.  This is an enormous project and I know not all of these pages will fit into just one binder, probably more like two or three, buy as I complete each year it feels so good.  It is a happy little project and I know this will be something my children and future grandchildren will enjoy very much.  In the meantime I will be able to have ready access to these photos whenever I like.  Much better than trying to find them on an old thumb drive, that’s for sure.

 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful project. This will be a very good family heirloom. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you attaching the pictures to the cardstock?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.