Wednesday, December 27, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 90

 


Hello my lovely friends!  I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.  Mine was nice, quiet and very relaxed.

 


Last week I was super excited to score a nice big nearly nine pound ham for only $8.79!  I plan to cut it up for the freezer to use in many future meals in the upcoming year.  I’ve already used some of it to make a nice breakfast on Christmas morning.  The ham was not a necessity item, but more of a want that I had placed on my grocery “wish list”.  I picked it up for 97¢ a pound at Albertson’s.  Fred Meyer had them for 87¢ a pound, but you also had to buy an additional $25 in groceries to get that price.  Since I didn’t need anything else it just didn’t make much sense to spend an extra $25 to save 80¢.

 


Ideas for journaling

I spent quite a bit of time working to get my 2024 daily journal ready for the year ahead.  It was a super fun project for me to work on, especially the “vision board” I created on the inside cover.  I also created a list of journaling ideas that I hope to put into practice this time around.

 

My vision board for 2024


A vision board is a really nice way to help you to set your intentions on how you want something to turn out, whether is it a project you have in mind, an idea that is rattling around in your head, a vacation you are planning, or in my case the way I hope the next year will be for me.  At anytime this next year I’ll be able to look at the inside cover of my journal and have that to encourage me as I navigate each day ahead.

 

From this

to this!

A year after decluttering I decided to go through my art supplies as well as the box I had been keeping my journal making supplies in.  I realized that I still had too many art supplies, many of which I had not been using so I decluttered half of them and we shall see if I end up using any of the remaining ones in the coming year.  By decluttering I had enough room in the bin to add my sketch book and some canvases so everything is now contained together in one bin.

 


I rehomed the rest of my journaling supplies with my office supplies which allowed me to get rid of that box entirely.  My goal is to use up a lot of these items as I journal this year and make my 2025 journal at the end of next year.  Truth be told, I have more than enough stuff to make journals for the next four or five years.  Maybe even longer.

 

All the games contained in one space

Lastly, I went through all of the games and decluttered two decks of cards I no longer need.  I chose a slightly larger bin from the garage and was able to contain all but three board games into that bin.  Now all of my games fit neatly onto the shelf in one spot, just underneath the photo albums, in the upstairs guest bedroom.  Even after a year of decluttering I still find things I am willing to get rid of.

 

Horsedoover Nite was a roaring success!

I still have a lot of sewing, craft, card making and scrapbooking supplies.  In 2024 I will be making a concerted effort to use up a lot of those things.  I still have a bit of a way to go on my photo album project that I am working on so I will have a good opportunity there.  Once that is complete I will decide on the next project to take on.

 

So was the rum cake!

This year was such a GREAT year for me (NO BAD DAYS!!!) and I’m having a hard time believing that 2023 is almost over.  However, I am very excited for 2024!  Are you excited as well?  I just am.  It is going to be a great year as well, I can feel it!

 

8 comments:

  1. We called them "horse-overs". Lol

    Your posts are so inspiring! I'm not a cricket but I use that inspiration to figure out what works for me.
    ~margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did accomplish so much in 2023, Congratulations!! I'm also going through everything this year and getting rid of anything that I don't or won't use in the near future. It really is cathartic, isn't it? Wishing you another fabulous year in 2024!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! I feel like it was a really great year for me. I hope 2024 is a great year for you as well. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I love your new journal! I've set myself up a bullet journal of sorts to use daily next year. Just to track certain things. I still need to work on my vision board part of it. That cake looks sooo delicious! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have so much fun with that journal! The cake was pretty good, could've used more rum, ha! ;)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.