Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Keep Moving

 


One of my goals this year is to do whatever I can to improve my overall health and wellbeing.  I am currently working on converting both my pantry and my long term food storage (LTFS) over to a REAL Food pantry situation.  Same thing with my deep freezer.  As I am moving forward in that endeavor I am trying to use up any prepackaged foods I still have with no intention of repurchasing those items.  When I make my grocery lists and do my shopping I’m being much more intentional and aware of the items I am buying.  I’m reading labels and really thinking about what I put in my cart.  Is it clean, healthy and of good quality?  What about the packaging, is it wasteful?  Is there something I can make myself to replace a particular item?

 


My activity level is another area I am steadily working to improve.  Riding the bus and walking to and from work as taken me to another level and added a new element of happiness to my every day.  Throwing in grocery shopping by walking and using the bus took it to an even higher level as I am able to really test my resourcefulness.  Surprisingly I am finding it a lot of fun to challenge myself in this way and the bonus is that I am able to engage with others a lot more.  I’ve had a lot of nice little visits with people as I’ve waited at my stop or I’m riding on the bus.  I find myself getting excited as I plan my days and routes with my work schedules.

 


I’ve always enjoyed walking, but when I can add a purpose to it I enjoy it even more.  I’ve often found myself getting bored with simply walking around my neighborhood even though I know the exercise is good for me.  By having tasks associated with it I find I get a lot more out of walking and it keeps me much more motivated.

 


Our emotional wellbeing is every bit as important as our physical wellbeing.  This is an important facet of my life that I work on every single day.  I pray.  A lot!  I write in my journal every day.  I touch base with my therapist every other month.  I practice the coping skills I’ve been taught.  I do not allow negativity into my life and I’m very rigid about this.  Life is far too short to put up with that kind of nonsense.  I recognize I have limited control, practically none, over the actions of others, but I have total control over myself and how I choose to handle various situations.

 


Most importantly I choose to be happy.  I seek joy.  I embrace simplicity.  I am a positive person.  I am content and grateful.  I care about others as well as our environment and I love animals.  I am taking care of myself.  I am kind, generous and faithful.  Every day I keep moving.

 

8 comments:

  1. It sounds to me that you are getting yourself together very nicely! In all the ways. Living your best life and being true to yourself. This is exactly what I aspire to, and some days I can do that more easily than others. Its a process, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational! I'm trying to implement some of these things myself. I wish I had figured it out when I was younger though! -- Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I can relate to the walking and bus riding. When we lived on campus (in our 40s), I walked or took the bus almost everywhere, and I loved it! I miss it so much. It tickles me to see someone else enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting ready to broaden my horizons and try some new routes. Yay!

      Delete
  4. Excellent job. I too am working on all of this and it truly is a process. Every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.