Friday, December 1, 2023

Preparing & Planning For 2024

 


I always get so excited for a new year, that fresh start and all of the possibilities that may lie ahead.  At the beginning of 2023 I had no idea how things might turn out and that is part of that excitement.  I’m not one to do a whole lot of future planning anymore, but I still really enjoy making short term goals and plans.

 


Part of my preparation for the year ahead was to make myself a new 2024 journal.  I personally find that my favorite type of journal is a simple college rule spiral bound notebook.  I decorate the cover and use a collection of stickers I’ve amassed to add to the pages as I write.  I also have a variety of colored pens and some mechanical pencils.  That is really all I need.

 


Several of my goals for next year are financial and I will be sharing more details about those in some of my next posts.  I also have some personal goals for enriching my life and making sure I am truly enjoying myself.  For the first time in my life I am really focusing on myself and making me a priority.  It is long overdue.

 


Living a simple and uncomplicated life is very important to me and something I’ve worked toward for a long time.  Since retiring and making some changes I feel like I’ve finally accomplished that.  Now my goal moving forward is to protect and maintain that simplicity that I love so much.  It creates an atmosphere of calm contentment, which is exactly what I need.

 


It is not a lot that I have planned, but it will definitely make a huge impact.  What is something you are planning for yourself in the coming year?

 

6 comments:

  1. I love the life you have created for yourself. Well Done!!
    I also choose to live simply and my projects and goals for 2024 reflect that. Saving money for retirement and finishing some home projects that will make life simpler are at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too am a list maker and planner and I so look forward to NY every year, not because I want to celebrate, but because I want to plan and prep and anticipate a new year full of possibilities! My only goal for 2024 is to attain a sense of peace and possibly happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to these posts. I’m craving simplicity as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.