Monday, July 1, 2024

It's Time For Another Pantry Challenge!

 


Even though I am still very much doing my extreme $50 a month grocery budget challenge I still feel like I sometimes buy too much of some things, especially fresh produce.  I also still have a lot of items in my pantry and the freezer I’d like to use up and not repurchase again like rice and pasta mixes, some condiment items as well as several things I’m still a bit overstocked on.  I honestly thought I’d need far more food than what I am currently using so I’m just not using up the things I’d previously stockpiled as quickly as I’d anticipated.  Therefore I think it is time for another pantry challenge.

 


I have decided I will go ahead and see how far I can get this month without going to the grocery store.  My hope is to pull the older items from the pantry that have been hanging out for a while and get that handful of items used up.  I want to make sure I’m using up the items I’ve squirreled away in the freezer eaten so they don’t get old and freezer burn.  I also want to thin out what is in the deep freezer a bit so it is easier for me to see what I have in there on a daily basis.

 


The reward for me doing a pantry challenge at this time is that I’ll be able to save my July grocery budget, plus the rollover funds and add them to my August budget so I can do some more stocking up in my long term food storage (LTFS).  My goal at this time with my LTFS is to add more of the items I use on a regular basis, more home canned goods and better quality items as I make my way toward my health goals and eating REAL foods.  I am very much looking forward to that.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.