Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Refreshing Summer Dessert

 


As the summer is heating up I thought I’d share one of my favorite refreshing summertime desserts.  There are still plenty of hot days ahead, not to mention the Labor Day holiday, where this dessert would be perfect.  It is super easy to make.

 



Low Carb Peaches & Cream Dessert

 

1 large 6oz. box of sugar-free raspberry gelatin

2 c. boiling water

1 cup cream

1/2 cup cold water

1 can sliced peaches, drained

 

Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water.  Place in refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes to cool and just start to set.  In a deep dish pie plate arrange peach slices.  Combine cream and cold water.  Whisk into cooled gelatin until frothy and creamy.  Pour over peaches.  Place in refrigerator and chill a minimum of four hours overnight is best.  Slice chilled dessert into wedges and serve.  Serves 8.

 

Variations:

 

Orange Creamsicle = use orange gelatin with a can of mandarin oranges, drained.

Strawberries & Cream = use strawberry gelatin with 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries.

Raspberries & Cream = use raspberry gelatin with 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries



Strawberries & Cream

 

You can use regular gelatin with sugar if you don’t want to use the sugar-free versions.  You can  also put this into a graham cracker crust if you wished and top with whipped cream.  I like to serve it as is and then squirt a big pile of canned whipped cream on top.  Any way you decide to make and serve it, I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.