Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Healthy & Delicious Meals From My Pantry #7

 


It has been HOT lately and slaving away in the kitchen is far from my idea of a good time.  But, that didn’t stop me from preparing delicious meals for myself and others this past month.  The freezer in my kitchen along with some of my home canned foods made for quick and easy cooking.

 


I had some leftover biscuits in the freezer and a yen for something from my past.  Our family’s version of SOS was an easy meal that kept me fed for three separate meals.  A cool crisp lettuce salad was the perfect side.

 


Summer always speaks to me of potato, macaroni and pasta salad so I made a small batch of potato salad and prepared ground beef with Montreal steak seasoning and chopped onions for cheeseburger patties on the side.

 


Sometimes preparing things just because that happens to be what sounds good led to a plate of yummy pot stickers and egg drop soup for another light and easy supper.  Leftover wonton wrappers led to eggs rolls and leftover soup.  I love when my leftovers can morph into other meals.

 


Home canned soups, salad and bread was a mainstay as well.  So were simple meals like grilled steak, salad or a vegetable on the side.

 


I made deviled eggs and a cool summer peach dessert as well.  I found that as the heat rose my appetite did not and one large meal for lunch with an even snack like deviled eggs, fruit or yogurt was more than enough to keep me going.  I also made a lot of iced tea and drank a lot of water to keep cool and hydrated.

 


Meal preparation was really hit or miss, but I was able to get the job done without much fuss.  What meals do you find yourself gravitating toward in the summertime?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.