Friday, February 4, 2022

Breakfast Hash

 


A thrifty and delicious meal we enjoy from time to time is what we like to call breakfast hash.  We eat it for dinner too because who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?  It is really very simple to make and is a great way to use up odds and ends of things you may have in your refrigerator.

 


I will take four of the small potatoes, usually the little ones at the bottom of the bag and scrub them up before I dice them small.  If I have leftover onion I like to dice that up too and brown the potatoes and onion in a skillet over medium heat with some rendered bacon fat I save in a jar in my refrigerator.  While that all cooks I'll whisk up a couple eggs in a small bowl and once the potatoes are crisp and cooked through I pour in the eggs and scramble it all together.  At this point you are pretty much good to go, but if you happen to have any leftover ham, sausage or bacon to add to the potatoes before the eggs go in it really brings it up a notch.

 


You can do a lot with this recipe, but however you choose to do it, I'm sure you will agree it is a great way to get the day started.

 

6 comments:

  1. We like this, too! Except I will add all sorts of leftovers in, including meat and veggies, diced small...we call it "Kitchen Sink." (because it's got "everything but the kitchen sink" thrown in.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Great way to use up all those odds and ends. :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! Your breakfast hash sounds good! I think I may fix that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Breakfast for Dinner every Wednesday evening. Dh is not a fan of breakfast casserole but we love all these components, served separately.
    This week we are having Pancakes and Bacon with fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.