Monday, June 20, 2022

My Thrifty Retirement - Week 11

 


Another week has whizzed right on by.  It was a good one though.  Our week began with a lot of rain on Sunday.  It poured!  But we need it so I wasn't about to complain.  Plus, after the grass installation the day before it forced me to take some downtime and rest up which was a very good thing.  I was able to reuse some of the lawn edging I had pulled out of the old flowerbeds to finish off the edge of the grass, however and I really like how it has turned out.  I keep opening my front door just to look at the new lawn.  It is so pretty.

 


If you missed me this past Friday it is because this girl has been busy.  I was in full on landscape project mode.  Monday my daughter and I picked up three truckloads of FREE gravel off of a Facebook Marketplace ad.  It was a lot of work and we were exhausted once it was all done, but it was very satisfying to see that big pile sitting in my driveway Tuesday morning and to know it didn't cost anything to acquire it was even more thrilling. We took the day off to rest up our sore muscles and get ready to start the next project of my grand plan.

 


I "shopped" Facebook Marketplace for a few more components I'm looking for to complete future projects around the house.  I've got all kinds of ideas swirling in my head and by getting things secondhand it will go a long ways to helping me make them a reality.  I will let you know as things unfold.

 


I kept our meals pretty simple and basic.  Sunday I used the last of the leftover rice, some veggies and some sausage to make a quick Egg Roll In A Bowl.  My daughter ate the leftovers on Monday and Tuesday for brunch while I enjoyed homemade egg mcmuffins.  I made hamburgers a couple of times, fish fillets and sandwiches too.  We kept is super easy since I was working outside most of the week.

 

The driveway and parking area got a makeover

How was your thrifty week?  Anything exciting going on at your house?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.