Friday, July 22, 2022

A Thrifty Little DIY For My Fence - Under $4!

 


I love barn stars and I have several of them up around the exterior of my house.  Perhaps they are no longer in fashion right now because I've had a heck of a time finding any at the stores.  I did however find a few small tin stars at Dollar Tree in their craft section so I splurged and picked up three of them with the idea I would use them on my new fence.  I had put up a couple of them to get a feel for what I was wanting to do there and I liked it.

 


I was waiting for a sign to arrive from Amazon before I continued and once it was here and mounted I was ready to finish up my little project.  However, I decided I needed a bit more color so I raided my spray paint stash in the garage and came up with copper and claret wine.  I sprayed the flat star with copper and one of the tow corrugated metal stars with claret.

 



Once dry I got them mounted to the fence with some little finish nails.  It isn't much, but I think it dresses up the entry area to my front yard quite nicely.  And for $3.75 plus some paint leftover from previous projects it was pretty thrifty too.

 


I love this!  What a great way to come home. 😊


6 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.