Monday, July 25, 2022

My Thrifty Retirement - Week 16

 


The upstairs second bedroom renovation kept me busy last week while the hot temperatures continued on outside.  Although it has been a lot of stop and start as I've been waiting on my supplies to arrive I am quite happy with my progress so far.

 


I spent $5.16 a gallon for fuel (using my rewards card shaved 3¢ a gallon off the price) to add to my truck since that is the vehicle I've been driving the most lately.  My car still has three quarters of a tank left in it from when I topped up both vehicles in May so it only made sense to put my $25 budget toward the truck.  Needless to say that didn't buy me much, however the 4.853 gallons I did get brought the gage up to two thirds of a tank, which is plenty for me to work with.  I plan to put another $25 worth of fuel in next month and that should pretty much fill it up, I think.  Then in September I will add $25 worth of fuel to the car and just keep on keeping on.  Fortunately both of my vehicles are fairly fuel efficient so I don't think I'll have too much trouble keeping to my $25 a month gasoline budget.  If I was still working that would be a whole other matter in and of itself.

 

Nine quarts of cream for my coffee 😚


One of my neighbors gifted me with nine quarts of heavy cream as well as some pantry items.  She was overwhelmed with extras after an event she worked was over.  I was very happy to help her out.  I put the extra pasta into vacuum bags as well as the canned items and added them to my long term food storage.  A lot of the cream went into the freezer.  Quite a blessing to get these things unexpectedly.


Extra pasta & soup stock cubes for long term food storage



Canned goods for my long term food storage

In between working on the bedroom project and watering my flowerbeds as well as my meager little garden I pulled out some of my scrap yarn I had in my yarn bin and made some darling dollhouse rugs.  Why does she need rugs for a dollhouse you ask?  Well, because there just may be a dollhouse of sorts in my near future.  Let me know if you have any interest whatsoever in hearing about that.  I was totally experimenting with these rugs and I'm tickled with how cute they turned out.  Definitely not perfect, but fun to make and I love how they turned out.

 

I had fun making these dollhouse rugs

I may have spent a little bit of money on myself purchasing a few items for some upcoming projects that are just for fun.  I plan to have a lot more "just for fun" projects to work on once I wrap up the bedroom project.  I'm super excited about it.

 

 I ended my week with a couple of these 😏

I hope you enjoyed a great week!

 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy! Looking forward to seeing the bedroom when you are done. I'm sure it will look great! Love the little rugs! A dollhouse would be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would love to hear about a dollhouse. Your blog is so enjoyable to read and inspirational to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.