Monday, August 29, 2022

My Tireless Retirement - Week 21

 


It has been hot around here.  In fact the news reported it as our hottest summer on record with the most days over 100°.  To beat the heat I spent a great deal of my time last week indoors in my craft room sewing.  It has been a very long time since I've been able to just sit and sew.  I've done some mending, but not actual cut fabric from patterns and make something.  I made a bunch of doll clothes and I had a ball.  I also have been coming up with some new ideas for rehabbing a few old dolls I just happen to have hanging around.  I'm excited about that too.

 


I combined and ran errands on Tuesday.  It was the first time I'd left the house in a week, which felt a little weird, but also very nice.  Since renovating the house, both inside and out, I find it is becoming more difficult to want to leave.  I went to the post office, the bank, the liquor store for some Sloe Gin 😏, the grocery store for a handful of items on sale and swung through the library on the way home to drop off the DVDs and one of the books I had checked out.

 

Angus beef patty & asparagus


Pot roast & vegetables

I knocked cleaning under and behind the stove and refrigerator off of my quarterly checklist, did another pass through my closet and purged two more items I no longer wear, fixed one of my kitchen drawers that had a screw loose, did some reorganizing of my sewing notions, did a little work around the yard as well as my usual housekeeping chores and a load of laundry.

 


I thought this was super cute

and of course I liked this one 😃

Thursday I went to the fair, which was a much smaller venue than the last time I went prior to 2020.  There weren't nearly as many exhibits, animals or vendors.  I think there were fewer rides too, which was fine as I wasn't planning to go on any.  My favorite part is the exhibits and the animals.  While there weren't many dollhouses or dioramas and no dolls to speak of there were plenty of beautiful quilts to admire.  And I did.  Oh my goodness there were so many gorgeous pieces.

 



Next I made a quick jaunt through the vendors, I wasn't buying so no need to doddle.  Then I did go see what animals they did have which sadly didn't take me very long.  It was a hot day so I only stayed for a couple of hours and then headed home.  Hopefully next time I go there will be more for me to see.

 

This log cabin dollhouse is adorable

So fun to look at these

This miniature tack shop is really cool

I prepared a small pot roast in my slow cooker and enjoyed that with some carrots and broccoli florets.  I cooked up a couple of angus beef patties and finished up the asparagus I had steamed the week before.  I had also picked up a bag of frozen ravioli at the dollar store last month to try so I cooked that and used up a small container of pasta sauce I had stashed in the freezer to go along with that.  The ravioli was surprisingly good.  I am beginning to see a little bit of space opening up in the kitchen freezer, but I still have a ways to go.


She posed for me

Here's some more quilts

I hope you all had a great week!

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Those quilts are lovely...

    What have you spent your monthly allowance on, lately? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheap movie tickets, a bottle of Sloe Gin and my ticket to the fair. That's been about it.

      Delete
    2. Attagirl...I'm glad you've been doing it. For me, it was cheap videos -- including The Scarlet Pimpernel, Star Trek episodes and a collection of Gamera movies! (There's got to be some weird psychological conclusion there, for me to like all of this.)

      Delete
  2. Love doll houses,and dolls, and quilts. How fun.
    I have noticed,all things are less now, 2020 was hard on all businesses. Sad.
    Love that you sewing and bringing g the cute dolls back. So fun.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.