Monday, September 12, 2022

My Tireless Retirement - Week 23

 


I had a great week last week and boy was I busy.  After all of the company I had the previous week with my birthday and over the holiday weekend I thought it might be quite a bit quieter around here this week but I was still going and doing stuff.  And I still had company too which I've been enjoying.

 

I put the pumpkins in my vintage looking tin truck

Monday I got out the fall décor, which when it is still piping hot outside is a little difficult to find your motivation to decorate, but I got it done.  I now have little touches of fall sprinkled throughout the house and I love it. I also purged a grocery bag full of décor items I no longer want so those will be heading to the neighborhood thrift store very soon.

 

She comes with two extra outfits, a backpack & accessories

A set of holiday dresses - they also come with undies, socks & shoes plus accessories


One of the dolls I rehabbed and outfitted got listed on eBay as well as a set of outfits I made for the same sized doll.  I am hopeful they sell so I can continue to support my dolly habit.  I am hoping to get some more ready to list as well as to add to my Etsy shop.  It's a process that takes time but I'm in no rush.

 

Art In The Park- so many neat things to see

Tuesday I did some automotive maintenance to get my vehicles winter ready.  I went to the movies and saw Elvis at the cheap theater.  I thought it was very good.  Thursday I went on a hike and then stopped at Winco on my way home to pick up some fresh produce.  On Friday I packed a picnic lunch, rode the bus and went to Art In The Park.  Afterward I stopped into the library to check out a couple new books to read before hopping on the bus and heading home.

 

Heavy duty and smooth function - night & day difference

Since I had already replaced most of the interior doorknobs in my house I ordered a new set of doorknobs and deadbolts from Amazon and replaced all of the old, mismatched and worn out ones on my three exterior doors.  I realized I only had one spare key and I'd given others out, but couldn't recall who I'd given them to or if they had returned any of them.  No one else needs access to my house at this time and now that my girls no longer live at home it seemed like the perfect time to upgrade.  Now all of the locks on the house function really well and they look very nice.  Plus now, for the first time ever, they all match and I only need one key to unlock the entire house.  Yay!

 

Brick molding is on - it feels good not to have this project nagging at me
Still a little more work to do here, but progress is being made

In the spirit of doors I was finally able to pick up where I'd left off and finish putting the new brick molding around the back door.  This was the project I was working on last year and didn't get to finish because of my heart attack.  I had found the brick mold and a door seal in the FREE WOOD bin near where I worked and had primed the molding and replaced the seal but never got to install it.  Well I installed it Friday afternoon so it is no longer laying on my deck mocking me. Now it just needs a little sanding, some caulking and a good coat of paint.

 

My $26 grocery haul - all produce

Delicious spicy Italian sausages with onions, tomatoes & peppers

We finished up the weekend leftovers on Monday and then I had to start cooking again.  I kept it pretty simple making egg roll in a bowl, spicy Italian sausages with peppers and onions, roasted veggies and pan fried pork chops, and plenty of fresh green salads.  It was all delicious.

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.