Friday, September 16, 2022

Sewing For My Crissy Dolls

 


After getting my fingers loosened up and getting some of the rust off while sewing for my baby dolls I decided to move on to creating some outfits I've had bouncing around in my head for ages.  The Crissy Family dolls are my passion and I not only love to rehab derelict dolls that I find but sew for them as well.  I have several of the dolls in my own collection that I've wanted to update outfits for.

 

This doll is Tressy I rehabbed several years ago - she looks ready for some fun

I'm super pleased with how this outfit turned out - first try!

I have a set of all of the basic patterns that were sold in the 1970s but I have been wanting to make some more updated modern outfits for them which means I have to make my own patterns.  This is a fairly new concept for me, but I'd had some success in the past with some very basic patterns I had made so I decided to jump in with both feet and see if I could somehow create a pattern for a hoodie, T-shirt and sweatpants.  Amazingly, I pulled it off with my first try.  I have no idea how that happened, but OMG is this girl ever adorable.  I honestly think this is my favorite doll outfit I have ever made and I just want to keep making them.

 

Love her T shirt - she also has undies, socks and tennis shoes

The sneakers & socks are beyond cute

But, I also had this other outfit already cut out from a few years back, quite a few, and I was eager to finish it too since I had bought a pair of cowboy boots many moons ago and a straw cowboy hat too.  I made a button up shirt for my Velvet doll and it even has cows, pigs and chickens on the fabric as well as a new pair of jeans with a faux fly stitched on the front.  Once I had her all dressed I think she turned out stinking adorable too.  I've since added feathers to her cowboy hat, but oh gosh!  I just love it.

 

Velvet looks like she is ready to do some farm work

I love her cute little button up shirt with the pocket

The back of her shirt - I wish I had more of this fabric

I stitched on this faux fly and a jean button I had in my button jar

She also has undies, socks & these adorable cowboy boots

As a kid I never had a Cinnamon doll which was slated as Velvet's little sister, but I do now.  In fact I have several of them that came to me in a bulk box of derelict dolls about ten years ago.  I find it hard to believe that was ten years, but it was.  Anyway, I recently rehabbed one of those dolls to sell and one to keep and use as my model for clothes.  I think the time has come to get busy and do with these dolls what I always intended to do which is to rehab and dress them and put them up for sale so others can enjoy them like I do.


She is already for school

These items are inside of her backpack
I even made the pencils

The backpack & accessories were a lot of fun to make


I made up this little girl for her "First Day Of School" complete with a back-to-school outfit that included undies, socks and the cutest little saddle shoes.  I made her a backpack and even filled it with some school supplies, her lunch and fruit snacks to share with the class.  Then I made her a dress for the next day and a nightie to sleep in so she is all ready to go.  I will probably make up a few dolls and some outfit ensembles and then list them for sale.  At least that is my plan right now.

 

Her other outfits

I love her little saddle shoes

As I work my ideas for outfits and accessories continues to bloom and I am super excited to work on these projects.  I rehabbed a Crissy doll that was in seriously rough shape and I think she is turning out so pretty.  Her hair was beyond saving and it took me a good long while to remove all of the dirt and crud from her.  I will share more about her once I finish up the work and get her dressed, but if all goes how I have it planned I think she'll be just amazing.  Whether she'll be saleable, I'm not sure because she won't be original, but she'll still be special.

 

I also made up this outfit for my Crissy doll - it is a prototype
I made the pattern for the jacket and need to do some tweaks yet

I rehabbed her several years ago - she is one of my favorites

Here she is in her ski bibs, a turtleneck & boots
She also has undies & socks - I made the patterns for these items too

So this is what has been keeping me busy of late.  This is the fun stuff I couldn't wait to retire for.  This is what makes my heart sing.

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh they are So Adorable! I love their outfits! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a passion for saving old dolls, restoring them and sewing for them. A wonderful retirement plan you are bringing to life. (I was never into dolls, preferring the farm life).

    Cheers to your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ... some little girl is going to be very happy with her new dolly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clothes you've made for the dolls. They look professionally made. You should do well selling those.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.