Friday, December 9, 2022

Sending Out Christmas Greeting Cards

 


Every year I send out a nice stack of Christmas cards, usually ones that I've enjoyed making throughout the year leading up to the holidays.  At the beginning of November I'll go to the post office and pick up a booklet of Christmas themed stamps so I will have them on hand to mail out my cards the first week of December.  Then I will put the finishing touches on my annual letter I like to tuck inside of some of these cards I send to close friends and relatives to update them on the latest happenings around here.  Lastly, I update the addresses and then print out labels, both address and my return address as well as the letter.  Once I'm ready I sit down with my pile of handmade cards and all of my supplies along with a cup of hot tea and get right down to business getting everything ready for the mail.

 

Super cute stamps this year!

As times change and inflation has taken hold, postage costs have increased a lot over the years, it has been tempting to cut back or eliminate this holiday ritual of mine, however this year I actually added more people to my list.  I purchased more stamps and I made more cards.  The reason I did this is because I feel, now more than ever, we need to spread holiday cheer and what better way to do that than to bless someone with a Christmas greeting in their mailbox.

 

I love to make Christmas cards

There is something just a little more special about receiving a pretty little card in the mail at Christmas time, or anytime for that matter.  And with all the ugliness in the world right now and all the stress over the economy, I choose to give a little more this year in hopes of brightening someone's day and lightening their heart.

 

I even decorate the envelopes with stickers 😁

This past Monday I placed the largest stack of Christmas cards I've ever done in my mailbox to go out.  I have no expectations of receiving anything in return, but I do hope I make someone's holiday just a little bit nicer.  Now is not the time for me to consider cutting back at the holidays, at least not in this way.  In fact, I hope next year the stack of cards I'm sending out is even bigger!

 

4 comments:

  1. Here, here! I love your Christmas spirit! I love sending out Christmas cards and receiving them. We don’t get nearly as many as we used to, but it sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add…I chose those same stamps this year! 😁

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.