Friday, February 24, 2023

This Month's Grocery Spending 2023 - February

 


I have nothing to show you this month.  I often had the thought that I should go to the store and buy such and such, but then I'd stop and think "I really don’t need anything".  I began the month with plenty of items still squirreled away in my freezer to finish up, five pounds of potatoes, three carrots, most of a bunch of celery, an onion and a head of cabbage in my fresh produce drawer as well as plenty of milk and cheese.  I even found a quart of heavy cream in the chest freezer out in the garage so I didn't even need any more of that this month either.  I also have plenty of frozen and canned fruits and vegetables.

 

I've done a lot of canning lately

Progress was made to clear the freezer in my kitchen and I am still working on it

Not needing to shop kind of turned me into a hermit which was actually quite fine as the weather was cold and crummy.  Not needing to shop also freed me up to do other things I wanted to get done around the house, not to mention it saved me a fair bit of money.  I'm not sure what I will do in March, but I don't think it will be much.  I will need to go get cream for my coffee however, that much I do know.

 

I redid my spice cabinet

Instead of shopping at the store I just shopped my house

Did you happen across any great buys or stock up on some loss leaders?  How were the sales where you live?

6 comments:

  1. ZERO food buys?? Yow!!
    I didn't do too badly. Most of our purchases were milk and cheese...and a good share of the milk went into the freezer. We now buy cream too, thanks to the Brick, who fell in love with it in his coffee.
    We normally live in the fifth-wheel, but have been in our friends' house ever since they left at Thanksgiving. (They also have a house in Phoenix that they go to for the winter.) The canned goods I brought in are getting more sparse...this is really hard to me to see, what with all the rumors and predictions of hard times coming. But it will be much easier to move stuff back into the fifth-wheel. I keep reminding myself of that...and normally buy canned stuff only if it's on deep sale, or marked down on Amazon Warehouse.
    It's been really cold here in Colorado, too. We've had snow, including 14" last week -- but it melts fast in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has been all over the place. Mother Nature has thrown so much at us lately, it is crazy. Enjoying sunshine at the moment. :o)

      Delete
  2. Great Job‼️ And I’m a bit envious of your ‘being cleared’ freezer - it looks so nice. You might consider placing cartons/bottles of water to fill the empty space in your freezer. It is supposed to make it run more efficiently, thus saving electric costs (but, reading your blog, you probably already do that and remove them for the pix.) Conni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. No worries, I've since refilled it. Hang in there with me. I've got a plan and all will be revealed. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your pictures and posts on your blog of everyday life and ways you save! It was great you put away so much food and canned. Such a great feeling to not have to run to the grocery store all the time. Coffee and creamer are necessities!! I look forward to reading your blog 3 days a week!! Groceries are very expensive here in MI and I try to freeze and can as much as I can too. I love your tips and tricks on being resourceful. Keep up the fantastic work. You motivate me to try to keep saving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. Your kind words mean the world to me. And yes, coffee and cream are necessities. Everything else is negotiable. ;)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.