Monday, March 13, 2023

My Tireless Retirement - Week 49

 


What's up everyone?!  Guess what?  The freezer is gone!  I listed it on Marketplace and made a little cash which I can always use.  Thanks to you guys I was easily able to make the right decision and let it go.  Even better, in 2013 I paid $115 for the freezer as it was on closeout at Home Depot.  The same size and brand of freezer now sells for $279.  I asked and got $100 for it so I'd say I did pretty darn good recouping most of my purchase price.  $15 makes for pretty darn cheap rent and the new owners were sure happy to get it.  Win-win!

 

Another load of stuff off to the thrift store

Last month in February I filled up five trash bags with items to be donated, filled up my wheelie recycle and trash bins twice and got started on bag number six.  And!  I gave away a dresser.  This past week I finished filling up bag number six and then I loaded everything up in the back of my truck and hauled it to the thrift store.  I gifted a bookshelf I no longer wanted and an extra TV I wasn't using to a couple of my neighbors.  My garage is empty once again and I am breathing much better now that all of that stuff is gone.  More sorting, organizing and bin labeling commenced and I'm now re-evaluating what is left.  Will I print out my list and start over?  Hmmm….. should I?

 

A new pair of pajamas here on top of the stack

In my endeavor to live with less I had gone back through my closet and culled about half of what used to be in there.  Once I was done I determined I needed to replace a pair of my pajama bottoms, the solid black top is still in good shape but I'd pretty much worn through the bottoms.  I didn't find replacement pants, but instead purchased a complete set on sale at Fred Meyer for $14.99 (regular price $44.99).  That still left me with an extra pajama top.  Another pair of pajamas I have also has a black top that sits a little short on me and rides up so I'm always pulling on it to keep it down.  I decided to get rid of that top and use the other one that fits me better.  One in and one out leaving no extra clothing items to clutter up the closet and my pajama inventory is up to date.  Plus, I didn't spend very much doing so.  Checked that off my list.

 

A little meal prepping happened last week

I had the opportunity to help a hard working young mama with some laundry supplies I had squirreled away in my linen closet.  She was so happy to receive my simple gift and I felt like I was on top of the world for having helped her.  I remember those days when I was a young mama and the people that would help me out from time to time sharing their extras and how much I appreciated it.  Giving is an amazing mood elevator.

 


I shopped my freezer and pantry pulling out a four pack of ground beef patties, a package of sirloin steaks and some smoked sausages.  I seasoned the patties with steak seasoning and pan fried those, topped each one with a slice of pepperjack cheese and some crispy bacon.  I served those with steamed asparagus on the side making four meals.  There were two steaks in the package.  I cooked up the smaller one and made a baked potato topped with sour cream and some of my regrown green onions sprinkled on top.  The other steak was sliced and used to make broccoli beef, enough for four meals as well.  In between those meals I enjoyed some delicious fresh green salads.  It was a yummy week of meals.  I haven't used the smoked sausages yet.

 



I hope you all enjoyed a fabulous week and all is well and right in your world.  Take care my friends and have a blessed week ahead.

 

6 comments:

  1. If it’s not nailed down you’re getting rid of it. 🤣🤣seriously I need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making some really BIG decisions on my stuff and I'm pretty happy about it.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on selling your deep freeze.
    Helping the young mother, so wonderful you could do that.your a very thoughtful lady.
    Meals looks yummy.
    I am still decluttering also. Took another load to Salvation Army. I am going back through, and see how much more I can donate. Feels so much lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Isn't it amazing how "lighter" you feel when you get rid of stuff. Love it!

      Delete
  3. You are so on the ball! I love to see your meal preps. I sometimes get lazy with cooking only for myself. I have donated two car loads recently of stuff and it feels good to have some empty space. Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated!
Comment modification has been turned due to spam. I will get your messages up as quickly as possible each day. Thank you for understanding and know I love hearing from you very much.